Windows 10: No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11

Discus and support No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I just built a new PC, and installed Windows 11 on it. Go to connect my Bluetooth headset, and nadda. Go to enable Bluetooth settings in the Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by InsaneRikki, Jun 24, 2022.

1. No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11

So, I just built a new PC, and installed Windows 11 on it. Go to connect my Bluetooth headset, and nadda. Go to enable Bluetooth settings in the Device Manager. Still nothing. Start looking up drivers for Bluetooth. Find people complaining about not having Bluetooth on Windows 11. So, what gives? Oh, and I'm running AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, and everything is up to date.

:)

InsaneRikki, Jun 24, 2022
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 24, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Support

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Jun 24, 2022
  4. malware Win User

No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11

1. No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth DIY computer

2. My Windows 11 computer's Bluetooth cannot find any of my bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 computer's Bluetooth cannot find any of my bluetooth devices: Whenever I try to connect any bluetooth device I've tried three different ones now to my desktop PC running Windows 11, nothing shows up. It just keeps showing the "Add a device" loading screen, where it says "Make sure your devices is turned on...."I have tried several of...
  3. No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bluetooth on a DIY computer with Windows 11: So, I just built a new PC, and installed Windows 11 on it. Go to connect my Bluetooth headset, and nadda. Go to enable Bluetooth settings in the Device Manager. Still nothing. Start looking up drivers for Bluetooth. Find people complaining about not having Bluetooth on...
  4. Regular BSOD errors on new DIY desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD errors on new DIY desktop: I built my first desktop a couple of weeks ago, my friend sold me his old GPU and I spent a lot of time making sure all the other parts would be compatible. For the most part everything seems to be working well, but I'm getting multiple BSODs with various error codes whenever...
  5. Best DIY friendly building and hosting site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best DIY friendly building and hosting site: Need to do a web site for my business. I am paying someone to do it for me but I want to be able to do small changes and upload pictures and documents myself. What is the most user friendly building and hosting web site(Squarespace, weebly, wix, shopify, etc.) ? I only need...
  6. DIY Desktops/Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    DIY Desktops/Wallpaper: Just thought I would share an example. Snip & Sketch OR Web capture afford one the ability to turn heaps of things into "Set as desktop background". In this case it's done with S&S from my NTP. Before [ATTACH] and After [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop Tower DIY Question?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Tower DIY Question?: I know this might be a odd question but is it possible to place a DIY skin on a desktop Tower. I have (2) rolls of auto wrap which is a pretty red/pink color. I was wondering if it was possible to place the wrap on my desktop tower and my laptop so they both match. I want...
  8. making windows recognise a battery. DIY laptop build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    making windows recognise a battery. DIY laptop build: hello. im trying make a laptop. im able to get the battery to work, but i dont know how to make windows recognise the battery. so at the moment i have to use a sperate circuit to check how full the battery is while using it. i want to be able to use these features from...
  9. DIY RGB CPU Stock Cooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIY RGB CPU Stock Cooler: I did something for fun when I recently did a maintenance routine on my daughter's PC. I turned her stock CPU cooler into something like the Cooler Master G100M RGB CPU fan cooler ($58CAD retail price). This one only cost me $8CAD for the Arctic 8Omm PWM Pro fan and $12CAD...
  10. Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues: My PC was only built about a week ago, and has many different BSODs throughout the week. I have managed to solve quite a few of them, and currently these are the ones that are still bugging me, mainly ntoskrnl.exe I have tried memtest and windows memory diagnostic tool...