Windows 10: No boot after upgrade

Discus and support No boot after upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A neighbor of mine has a Windows 10 machine. There was an upgrade but (and she doesn't recall or know) either it completed or she interrupted it. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonNewYork, Aug 1, 2018.

1. No boot after upgrade

A neighbor of mine has a Windows 10 machine. There was an upgrade but (and she doesn't recall or know) either it completed or she interrupted it. In any event when she turned her computer on in the morning, she got this messaage: Start PXE over IPv4. When I got to her computer I disconnected the ethernet cable and rebooted. Now I get boot errors (oddly, the screen characters are in red not white). Anyway, from the BIOS setup I can did disk check and it was OK. I cannot add a boot device (no option to do so). My guess is that during the upgrade, the C: drive was renamed to X: but at the end of the process (which may have been interrupted; don't know), X: was not renamed back to C:. Does this make sense? I'm thinking the next step is to bring a WIndows 10 ISO on a flash drive and see if I can reboot from that and then, if it is X: and C: issue, use DISKPART to rename X: back to C:. Or is it more likely something else?

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 1, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 1, 2018
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Aug 1, 2018
  4. No boot after upgrade

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

No boot after upgrade

1. No boot after upgrade - Similar Threads - boot upgrade

2. Why won't windows normally boot after a new gpu upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't windows normally boot after a new gpu upgrade?: Long story short I upgraded from a a770 to a 4070s. The cabling and mounting went well. I have a 750w psu so more than enough power. When I power on the pc I see the bios boot menu followed by the windows logo so my monitor works fine. It's only when I try to get to the...
  3. Why won't windows normally boot after a new gpu upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't windows normally boot after a new gpu upgrade?: Long story short I upgraded from a a770 to a 4070s. The cabling and mounting went well. Also I have a 750w psu so more than enough power. When I power on I see the boot menu followed by the windows logo so my monitor works fine. It's only when I try to get to the windows...
  4. PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

in Windows 10 News
    PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD: [IMG]SSDs are solid-state Drives known for their high data transfer speeds. Therefore, installing Windows OS on an SSD results in better computer performance. What if your Windows PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing a new SSD? This article will show us what you can do...
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  6. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

9. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  10. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...