Windows 10: No boot after W10 update 1909

Discus and support No boot after W10 update 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob Dray, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Bob Dray Win User

No boot after W10 update 1909

I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive leds light then it just stops there is no video so I can't boot into safe mode. All was working well until the update with no problem whatsoever The latest update has killed mp PC.

Can anyone help?

Bob

:)

Bob Dray, Jul 27, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    W10 no longer boots after update

Hi,

An Automatic Repair or Startup Repair can help you resolve your concern. This tool is used when you cannot boot your Windows properly. To run Startup Repair, you can go through
    Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (Under
    Advanced start-up
    ). However, since you cannot enter your Desktop, we suggest you to force fail your computer. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot your computer.
    • While on the logo screen, do a force shutdown by pressing the Start button.
    • Wait until you see "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears. If it doesn't appear, repeat the steps until it do so.
    • After the loading screen, you will have a black screen and another loading screen will appear.

By then, it will now diagnose your computer and will do an Automatic Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jul 27, 2020
  4. No boot after W10 update 1909

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

No boot after W10 update 1909

1. No boot after W10 update 1909 - Similar Threads - boot W10 update

2. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2: I have tried the usual way through windows update, it failed several times. I have also used the media creation tool to try to force an update and that has now failed also. It has been like this for almost a year now and I could live with it but now I am paying for Xbox...
  3. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2: I have tried the usual way through windows update, it failed several times. I have also used the media creation tool to try to force an update and that has now failed also. It has been like this for almost a year now and I could live with it but now I am paying for Xbox...
  4. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC completely freezes at random after updating from w10 1909 to update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC completely freezes at random after updating from w10 1909 to update 2004: I'm having issues with my PC completely freezing at random times, mouse wont move, screen is frozen on the last frame. At first I thought it might be caused by high GPU/CPU usage while playing games, but today it crashed while watching only youtube with several extra tabs...
  6. Micro does not work after W10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micro does not work after W10 1909 update: Hello, a lot of people are having problems with micro after 1909 update. In my case it is external micro issueA Plantronics headset that does not get input sound anymore after this update. I obviously tried everything on the Microsoft guide to fix. Windows recognize micro...
  7. W10 Update 1909

W10 Update 1909: I am having consistent problems trying to update my Windows 10 Pro Desktop to Feature Update to Windows 10 1903 and 1909, the system currently being at 1809. OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit CPU AMD FX-8350 8 Core Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 24.00 GB Dual Channel DDR3@666MHz...
  8. Computer won't boot after 1909 update

Computer won't boot after 1909 update: Got a notice today that my current version 1809 was nearing end of service and that i should restart and install the new update. I'd been holding off because i tried the update before and it wouldnt boot, at first, that time either but, after a few restarts, it did finally...
  9. After the W10 1909 update my .MP4 files will not play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After the W10 1909 update my .MP4 files will not play: Hi, After the installation of the current 1909 update and the subsequent security updates I have found any .MP4 files I saved on my drive around that date will no longer play no matter what player I try to use. I was able to view the videos prior to this update and the files...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598