Windows 10: No boot and freeze if booted

Discus and support No boot and freeze if booted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, In 2010 I bought a computer and after using it for 7 years I stopped using it as I joined college and bought another device for myself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AKASHPUNDIR, Dec 23, 2019.

1. No boot and freeze if booted

Hello everyone,

In 2010 I bought a computer and after using it for 7 years I stopped using it as I joined college and bought another device for myself ,recently I thought of checking it out after 2 years. I cleaned everything properly and to my surprise it booted up normally and everything was working fine then suddenly after few minutes it freezed up so I hard rebooted it again as ctrl alt delete was not even working, this time when it turned on it displayed motherboard information as usual and then displayed a black screen with a white line on it ,so i tried rebooting it again and this time it got stucked on boot screen after this i had to directly switch off ups and after which i tried turning it on again and this time it doesn't even show anything on screen but cpu was running and the yellow light which shows the activity of harddisk was off. After few hours i tried turning it back again and to my surprise it booted up but freezed again after few minutes.

One thing i observed was that the yellow light gets off whenever it gets stuck which I believe is associated with it's harddisk.

It doesn't even switch on for that much time that I can check it's components for any error using any software.

My specs are

Windows 10 home 32 bit

2gb Kingston ram

Intel dual core 2.93ghz

1tb hdd

No graphics card

:)

AKASHPUNDIR, Dec 23, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue No boot and freeze if booted :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Dec 23, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 23, 2019
  4. random Win User

No boot and freeze if booted

PC freezing / Not booting.

Have you tried diagnosing your hard drive? Test it on a different machine or plug in a boot drive and see if the freezing occurs.

random, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

No boot and freeze if booted

1. No boot and freeze if booted - Similar Threads - boot freeze booted

2. Windows Freezing on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing on Boot: Hello, hope you're doing well, so basically. My laptop freezes every time I boot it up. Sometimes it freezes around 2 minutes into using it or sometimes on the lock screen. I have runsfc /scannowDISM.exeCHKDSKAnd the only error / errors that arrived were from CHKDSK....
  3. Windows Freezing on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing on Boot: Hello, hope you're doing well, so basically. My laptop freezes every time I boot it up. Sometimes it freezes around 2 minutes into using it or sometimes on the lock screen. I have runsfc /scannowDISM.exeCHKDSKAnd the only error / errors that arrived were from CHKDSK....
  4. Impossible to boot, freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to boot, freezing: Hey there,I have an issue with my computer. Before I get to the problem I just want to say that no new components were added before the issue occurred. The issue happend after the PC was being shut down over the Windows Menu.Windows freezes when booting. The windows loading...
  5. Impossible to boot, freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to boot, freezing: Hey there,I have an issue with my computer. Before I get to the problem I just want to say that no new components were added before the issue occurred. The issue happend after the PC was being shut down over the Windows Menu.Windows freezes when booting. The windows loading...
  6. Impossible to boot, freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WIndows freezes at boot

WIndows freezes at boot: This is a thread that points to the original thread. I posted a reply after a short while and nobody has answered. Thank you in advance for taking the time to review it....
  8. Computer Freezes On Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezes On Boot: So, this morning when I was trying to boot up my 3 month old gaming pc, everything seemed normal, until I got to the windows boot screen. Upon reaching that, the dots completely froze. I tried hard resetting until I got to auto-repair, but that froze too. I also had a Windows...
  9. Boot FREEZE

Boot FREEZE: I dont know when the last update was, however, as of MONDAY, my HP ENVY will not boot up. Tried restarting, 4x , even gotten so FRUSTRATED, I decided to a complete restart, DAMN.... that FROZE too... WTH ??...
  10. Computer Freezing at Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezing at Boot: Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5 2540m at 2.6 ghz). I did the free Windows 10 upgrade for her, and when the computer is starting from a shut down, it goes to a...