Windows 10: no boot at startup

Discus and support no boot at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hp stream all it does when I turn it on is go straight to the boot HP logo then it goes black. after a few seconds then it turns off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nixvaldez, Mar 25, 2017.

1. nixvaldez Win User

no boot at startup

I have a hp stream all it does when I turn it on is go straight to the boot HP logo then it goes black. after a few seconds then it turns off.

I tried a system restore but no points, I tried using the recovery partition to refresh the PC but only get an error half way( no error).

i made a repair usb from my own desktop and trying to fix it that way.

i need help please

:)

nixvaldez, Mar 25, 2017

2. Boot Menu at Startup

Hi Teri,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the boot option settings has changed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.exe and press Enter.

• Now click on Boot tab and check for the boot option. Uncheck all from the box (If checked any).
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Boot Menu at Startup

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to update the BIOS and check. Contact computer manufacturer for updating BIOS.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 25, 2017
  4. no boot at startup

Are you able to boot into safe mode at all? That would be my next step. Have a look at this tutorial.

You may need to use option six to get into the advanced boot options.

Use this to boot into safe mode and run a chkdsk in a elevated command prompt by typing

chkdsk C: /R

See if this comes up with any errors.

ArazelEternal, Mar 25, 2017
  5. nixvaldez Win User
    wont let me into safe mode. it goes into preparing auto repair then it turns off

nixvaldez, Mar 25, 2017
  6. Can you boot from a bootable USB or CD/DVD? IF you can, is it stable until you try to restore or reinstall Windows?

ArazelEternal, Mar 25, 2017
  7. nixvaldez Win User
    USB only i tried a repair but it got to 56 and ended with unknown error. im trying to get a windows media creation tool but im getting errors on that on my PC

nixvaldez, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no boot at startup

1. no boot at startup - Similar Threads - boot startup

2. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  3. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  4. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  9. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  10. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...