Windows 10: No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied

Discus and support No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok I have an HP 2000 Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. Customer stated she had a pop up that indicated she might have a virus then the machine rebooted and will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Mohave PC Win User

No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied

Ok I have an HP 2000 Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. Customer stated she had a pop up that indicated she might have a virus then the machine rebooted and will not restart. Scanned with Kaspersky rescue CD and AVG rescue and it came up clean. Ran recovery from a Win 10 usb. No restore points available, Startup repair ends in black screen on boot after bios screen but before sign in. CMD prompt from rescue usb c: cannot be scanned as it states "Access Denied". Ran Hard drive test as well as MRI with no hardware failures. I have google the living crap out of this but I believe there is a permissions Issue on c: drive and I cannot find a way to repair it.

:)

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 installation, cannot update the reserved partition

C:\Boot\ doesn't exist

In the 750Mb recovery partition I found a boot folder but it's empty

All other partition don't contain a boot nor bcd folder.

The EFI partition I can't get access to eventhough I assign it a letter.

[Window Title]

D:\

[Main Instruction]

You have been denied permission to access this folder.

[Content]

To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.

[Close]

EyalBenisty, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Help with Hyper-V removal

Try booting into the Recovery Environment then boot into Safe Mode then try disable it from there. See instructions how to access the Recovery Environment from the following article:

How to Fix a Black Screen in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

My guess is Ramsome-ware and the drive was encrypted and is locked by password

5. Mohave PC Win User
    The only issue I have with that is that there is nothing to indicate a way to enter a password. The only partition with an issue is C: drive. I can access all the other drives from x: recovery. Went ahead and booted Linux mint 9 (runs on almost anything) and I am able to browse all partitions on the drive. I cannot see what the permissions are however. Also noted that c: is names Safe Mode? A virus might be at fault though I am sure there is a way to fix it. Can anyone tell me how to change permissions on a partition using the rescue command prompt?

No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied [​IMG]

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Is a computer reset an option for you?

DustSailor, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Mohave PC Win User
    as a last resort I will be formatting and clean installing Win 10. all other repair and refresh option end with error and I am sure it is because of permissions. I may try booting in Partition Wiz and see if it can tell me anything. Gparted seems to think the partition is ok without errors but cannot report permissions.

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

If can get to command prompt in the USB drive recovery environment, then try typing the following commands and pressing enter:
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /RebuildBcd

9. How far can you get? does it black screen just before login? [yes] If so, what happens if you leave it for a minute or so? BSOD, anything? I know of a number of computers that have black screens before login, but it is short-lived

DustSailor, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Mohave PC Win User
    cannot find os

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
  11. Mohave PC Win User
    left it run for 30 minutes and still no change. No hard drive activity either. The black screen occurs right after the HP logo and before the login prompt.

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
  12. YOU
    You Win User
    By the HP logo, do mean the BIOS Screen? Or the actual boot screen (with the loading circle underneath it)?

13. YOU
    You Win User

Something else: run sfc /scannow in Command Prompt and see if it finds any corrupt system files.

14. Mohave PC Win User
    This has to be the loading screen but the white dots in a circle below do not appear. it goes from the press escape for boot options to a large HP logo the black.

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
  15. Mohave PC Win User
    Access Denied for the sfc on c: from x: x:/sfc /scannow c:
    I did do a chkdsk on c: from x and it said there were no errors.

Mohave PC, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied - Similar Threads - boot black screen

2. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  3. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  4. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  5. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  6. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

7. access to c:/ is denied

access to c:/ is denied: somehow many of servics dont wrk and no access to c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-is-denied/5081e557-a12f-4e12-a985-839d575c3528
  8. access to c:/ is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access to c:/ is denied: somehow many of servics dont wrk and no access to c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-is-denied/5081e557-a12f-4e12-a985-839d575c3528
  9. C:\is not accessible access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0
  10. C:\is not accessible access denied

C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0