Windows 10: No boot device available and computer acting very weird.

Discus and support No boot device available and computer acting very weird. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move it if it is *Smile. Everytime I restart my computer, I get this message:No boot device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OptimalVorteX, Jun 20, 2016.

1. No boot device available and computer acting very weird.

Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move it if it is *Smile.

Everytime I restart my computer, I get this message:No boot device available
    Strike the F1 key to retry boot,F2 to run the setup utility
    SATA 0: Installed
    SATA 1: Installed
    SATA 2: None
    SATA 3: None
    SATA 4: None
    MSATA1: Installed

Now, I've figured out a couple ways around this: 1.) Press F2 to bring the boot menu up, press F9 to load defaults, go over to the 'Exit' tab, and then press F10 to Save and Reset. Once it resets, I press F12 to bring up the setup up (the menu with UEFI BOOT, LEGACY BOOT, OTHER OPTIONS). I notice under 'UEFI BOOT:' it says 'Windows Boot Manager'. I press enter on that, and the boot process is perfectly normaal. 2.) If 'Windows Boot Manager' does not pop-up, I resort to using a Windows 8 Boot Disc that I can use to re-install Windows 8 (this is the OS the computer originally came with). Instead of re-installing Windows 8, I click the red X in the window that pops up to cancel the re-installation and then it boots fine.

So, once I get around the boot, I go on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer (11), or Google Chrome. I trust using Chrome more than Edge/IE. But, every single time I use any browser what-so-ever, it freezes, or I have to wait 5 minutes for a webpage to load. I notice that when this happens while I'm using Chrome, in the bottom left it just constantly hangs on 'Waiting for cache...'. I've cleared the cache, I've cleared the cookies, everything. Nothing fixes this problem.

Unfortunately, I have another problem. All the apps on my computer take forever to load, and explorer.exe crashes very often or I have to wait 5 minutes for the right click menu to pop up. I have the single-click option selected in Folder/File Explorer Options, and even hovering over an item to highlight/select it will/can cause explorer.exe to crash or not respond.

I've looked in Task Manager, not even 10% of my Disk/Memory/any tab is being used. One thing that I have noticed is that, when I go into Task Manager, sometimes I see iTunes' 'iPod Service' running, so I close it. That usually fixes the File Explorer lag for about 3 minutes. If that's not running, I go over to the 'Services' tab to stop the 'Bonjour' service. Doing this also fixes the File Explorer lag for about 3 minutes. Another important thing to note is that if I go into Event/Log Viewer, and I go to the 'System' logs, a lot of the Errors' descriptions say: "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block."

I seriously need help with this, anything will help at this point. I called up Dell to see if they could fix this 'No boot device available' problem. Nope, I had to solve it on my own. They tried talking me into buying their protection plan, but honestly it's a scam, so please don't fall for it.

x64 Dell PC, 2 TB hard drive (1.60 GB available), NVIDIA Graphics.
    Sorry if the above is too little information about my PC to look further into the issue, but this has been driving me crazy for the past month or so. If you need any more info, please let me know what exactly so I can edit the post.

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate your time. I will try any and all options that I can do to try and help prevent these problems *Biggrin.

:)

OptimalVorteX, Jun 20, 2016

2. Computer acting weird

I think, you should. And remember, the Optional updates, you have to install manually - these will, of course not be installed automatic...
    No boot device available and computer acting very weird. :)

If there IS any Optional updates to get, install them before checking for updates, again.

Micael Nielsen, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Computer acting weird

I went to reset my computer just to start fresh ( i did this once before woth it and everything was fine) but this time any games I try to play nothing will happen for example i downloaded battle.net and hearthstone and when i go to click play on hearthstone
    nothing will pop up but it says the game is running. It does this with all other games i try to play. Any advice?

BlakeDrawhorn, Jun 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

No boot device available and computer acting very weird.

Sounds to me like the hard drive is failing.

NavyLCDR, Jun 20, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    I agree, sounds like you may need a new Hard drive.

wyldman68, Jun 20, 2016
  6. Well, I've ordered a new hard drive, and the problem is still occurring. Is there something wrong with the motherboard?

OptimalVorteX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No boot device available and computer acting very weird.

1. No boot device available and computer acting very weird. - Similar Threads - boot device available

2. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer acting weird: so my computer has been acting weird. It takes around 30 mins to start up and get to the start up screen and then when i log in it opens up my usual start up apps like discord and opera gx. It usually allows me to use google for a couple of minutes then after that it just...
  3. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer acting weird: so my computer has been acting weird. It takes around 30 mins to start up and get to the start up screen and then when i log in it opens up my usual start up apps like discord and opera gx. It usually allows me to use google for a couple of minutes then after that it just...
  4. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  6. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  7. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 acting very weirdly

Win 10 acting very weirdly: Recently I was just changing drivers for my Wacom tablet, and I restarted the computer, but then it wasn't able to start up and I had to do a reset I tried troubleshooting but all the methods I found didn't work, the so called automatic repair was useless. A lot of my apps...
  9. Computer is acting weird

Computer is acting weird: My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still acts weird....
  10. My computer is acting weird.

My computer is acting weird.: So I bought a new dell inspiron 15 5000 series for school. It's literally 3 months old. A couple days ago I realized it was being slow so I closed out my tabs and restarted it. When it started up, I tried to open an application and it kept showing errors or "windows not...