Windows 10: No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Discus and support No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently put together a new PC, everything went fine and all was working great. yesterday I booted the PC and I got a black screen telling me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaggieDale, Jan 25, 2020.

1. No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

I recently put together a new PC, everything went fine and all was working great.
    yesterday I booted the PC and I got a black screen telling me to "select a bootable drive" .
    I was able to enter the bios and select my drive (M.2 NVME) (the boot order had changed for some reason) I was able to select the correct drive and boot normally.
    But the boot order is getting changed each time I reboot.
    I've tried to repair windows but it's telling me windows can't perform a repair.
    I had set restore points, but windows doesn't show them.
    I finally gave up and decided to reformat, but now my drive doesn't show up and windows keeps asking for a driver for the hard drive.
    I now keeps booting directly to the bios, and NO sata or m.2_1 are listed as Present.
    I changed the battery, resetting the bios to stock settings.
    I flashed the bios to the newest firmware.
    Boot mode is set to (Legacy + UEIF) I've tried changing that to just UEIF (No luck)
    But nothing changes, Please any help here would be greatly appreciated!
    Stuck and lost,

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
    MSI B450 Gaming Plus
    Sabrent NVME PCIE M.2 2280 SSD
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance plus LPX 2 2400 DDR4
    Windows 10

:)

MaggieDale, Jan 25, 2020

2. Unable to Boot into Win10

Thanks Mohammed AliAli for the prompt reply.

I tried what you suggested, however it didn't do any good.

I tried to do the repair using Win10 on USB drive. But it threw me the same error# 0xc0000098 again. I can see my drive is detected in the BIOS.

But when I checked for the partitions in the Command Prompt, none of the drives are listed except for the USB drive which had the Win10 installation/repair media.

Is there any other solution to the problem?

Thanks!!!

Vinayak Bendale, Jan 25, 2020
  3. dominicp1 Win User
    win10 update 1903 not detecting monitor on boot

win10 update 1903 not detecting HDMI monitor on boot. I cant do anything else because my monitor is not working so cant enter the system for this reason. I tried to remove battery from MB for 45 minutes
    and its still not working. Any suggestion would be helpful.

dominicp1, Jan 25, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

1. No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help! - Similar Threads - Boot Drives detected

2. can someone plese help 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone plese help 2: I am denied from responding any further so I will make a new thread. I am double clicking the computer icon I type the user and password and it says specific login does not exsist When i click on the computer I am prompted with my username and it asks for a pin [ATTACH]...
  3. [Help] Can't detect usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Can't detect usb: Whenever i connect my hard drive (transcend 4tb hdd) or my phone (huawei mate 9) they are not detected unless i go to device manager and uninstall usb root hub (usb 3.0) and then scan for hardware changes while still connected. How to fix this problem? Toshiba satellite...
  4. Help me plese

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me plese: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Antxr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evf0zs/help_me_plese/
  5. Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?: Folks, I'm trying to do some troubleshooting with my current install of Win10. I've been told that booting from a USB would narrow down my issue. I see tutorials about how to download the Win10 iso onto a USB to install it from that usb. That is NOT what I want to do. I...
  6. Can't boot into Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Win10: I had a working win10 pro install and wanted to create a fresh install on another SSD and slowly build it back up to my current install. After creating a Win10 USB installer I booted it up and created my fresh install on the other SSD sucessfully. When I try to boot back into...
  7. win10 update 1903 not detecting monitor on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 update 1903 not detecting monitor on boot: win10 update 1903 not detecting HDMI monitor on boot. I cant do anything else because my monitor is not working so cant enter the system for this reason. I tried to remove battery from MB for 45 minutes and its still not working. Any suggestion would be helpful....
  8. Win 10 Blue Screen Help me plese!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Blue Screen Help me plese!: Hello! I use Windows 10. My laptop (Asus N76VZ) freezes, and then a blue screen, it says UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION. Help me please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-blue-screen-help-me-plese/4ffc7d1a-917d-4904-b513-8b7c8416ae56
  9. New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected: I have a Dell desktop Core i5 PC about 3-4 years old with 2 SATA drives and 2 DVD RW drives. I had the boot drive (a Samsung EVO850 250Gb SSD) partitioned into two drives, C 150Gb and D about 85Gb. The other HD is a Seagate 2TB which is partitioned into 4 drives, E, 700Gb, F,...
  10. Help! Laptop crashed, boot media missing, and BIOS can't detect drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Laptop crashed, boot media missing, and BIOS can't detect drive.: Please, help. My laptop suddenly crashed and now it says "Boot media missing" when I restarted. After that, it always takes me to "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then the 'Troubleshoot' menu. In the 'Troubleshoot' menu, it has two options: 'Reset this PC' and 'Advanced...