Windows 10: No Boot W/ HDMI??

Discus and support No Boot W/ HDMI?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all. whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolfie138, Sep 13, 2020.

1. wolfie138 Win User

No Boot W/ HDMI??

hi all.
    whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged it all in, checked my power leads etc etc, pressed the case button - nothing. at all. power off, recheck etc etc, retry - nothing. absolutely nothing. put the old monitor cable back in, fired up straight away. what's that about? :-/

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Sep 13, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 13, 2020
  3. HDMI

Hi Craig,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 13, 2020
  4. No Boot W/ HDMI??

HDMI

I tried them all nothing worked no driver updates are not available from MS or HP

craigsawyer, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

No Boot W/ HDMI??

1. No Boot W/ HDMI?? - Similar Threads - Boot HDMI

2. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  3. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  4. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up.: my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hdmi-portdriver-has-stopped-working-after/3676c2f2-c370-4f5a-a09e-92d091f12c4d
  6. my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up.

my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up.: my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hdmi-portdriver-has-stopped-working-after/3676c2f2-c370-4f5a-a09e-92d091f12c4d
  7. my HDMI port/driver has stopped working after Windows had trouble booting up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Screen is black without HDMI and windows doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black without HDMI and windows doesn't boot properly: I'm running Windows Insider 22H2 Last updated in March 2023, but unable to check version currently, on a Lenovo laptop.The screen glitched during normal use and turned black. The screen then remained black during several forced reboots. An HDMI cable was connected to check...
  9. Screen is black without HDMI and windows doesn't boot properly

Screen is black without HDMI and windows doesn't boot properly: I'm running Windows Insider 22H2 Last updated in March 2023, but unable to check version currently, on a Lenovo laptop.The screen glitched during normal use and turned black. The screen then remained black during several forced reboots. An HDMI cable was connected to check...
  10. HDMI SCREEN MIRROR GREY SCREEN LOOP ON BOOT UP SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI SCREEN MIRROR GREY SCREEN LOOP ON BOOT UP SOLUTION: HDMI Screen mirror or extend with windows 10 keep getting stuck on Grey screen? My Dell laptop with a broken screen just updated 10.22 and im forced to mirror to a Samsung tv or my dell monitor and this poo poo'ed it. Even if your screen is not cracked and you're pulling...