Windows 10: No boot without USB Memory Device

Discus and support No boot without USB Memory Device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I set up Win10 from scratch after built in my new SSD. Of course I formatted the HD. Problem: Win10 halt after the bios and after looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jodahush, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jodahush Win User

No boot without USB Memory Device

Hello,
    I set up Win10 from scratch after built in my new SSD.
    Of course I formatted the HD.

Problem:
    Win10 halt after the bios and after looking for the OS.
    Screen ist blue with the windows sign on it.
    System stops for about 2 minutes!

After 2min the system boots completely normal within a few seconds into LoginScreen.

However, If I attach an USB Memory Stick, the boot process is completely normal performed within a few seconds.

Any clue what this can be?

:)

jodahush, Oct 8, 2018
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Oct 8, 2018
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. No boot without USB Memory Device - Similar Threads - boot without USB

2. USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input: I started having this issue about two weeks ago where the USB devices I have connected to the rear IO of my motherboard will disconnect for a split second, and then reconnect. The real problem is that when they reconnect, I lose all input through them even though they're...
  3. USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input: I started having this issue about two weeks ago where the USB devices I have connected to the rear IO of my motherboard will disconnect for a split second, and then reconnect. The real problem is that when they reconnect, I lose all input through them even though they're...
  4. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  5. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  6. Can't boot without ESD-USB plugged in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot without ESD-USB plugged in.: Same issue as there, but the difference is that it's not the USB that "is somehow corrupted" which is not a solution to my problem....
  7. Dual Boot without USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot without USB: Hello guys I have to boot another OS on my UEFI Windows 10 however I do not have USB Stick and due to the virus lockdown I cannot go outside to buy a new one. Is there any software to let me boot these two OS with only using my Internal Drive (SSD). Thanks in advance....
  8. Boot usb device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot usb device: My job requres that I boot a special usb which uses an alternate OS. My system bios does not give the option to boot from usb. I know there is a way to boot from USB using Windows. Can you provide instructions please?...
  9. External USB boot without Windows2Go

in Windows 10 Support
    External USB boot without Windows2Go: Hi Gurus In theory it should be possible to clone a Windows OS Disk to external and then boot Windows from that without going for a "Windows to Go" solution. It seems there's a bit somewhere in the registry that tells the system that one is trying to boot an external...
  10. No Usb devices detected on first boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Usb devices detected on first boot: When I first power up my system. Windows boot up fine (actually better than fine, it boots too quickly, just within some seconds) but do not detect any usb devices connected to the system including keyboard, mouse and bluetooth. Even lights of keyboard and mouse remains off....