Windows 10: No boot without USB Memory Device

Discus and support No boot without USB Memory Device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I set up Win10 from scratch after built in my new SSD. Of course I formatted the HD. Problem: Win10 halt after the bios and after looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jodahush, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jodahush Win User

No boot without USB Memory Device

Hello,
    I set up Win10 from scratch after built in my new SSD.
    Of course I formatted the HD.

Problem:
    Win10 halt after the bios and after looking for the OS.
    Screen ist blue with the windows sign on it.
    System stops for about 2 minutes!

After 2min the system boots completely normal within a few seconds into LoginScreen.

However, If I attach an USB Memory Stick, the boot process is completely normal performed within a few seconds.

Any clue what this can be?

:)

jodahush, Oct 8, 2018
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Oct 8, 2018
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. No boot without USB Memory Device - Similar Threads - boot without USB

2. USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices: windows 10 is losing connection to a USB devices even after it has accessed it previously. For example, the computer had established a device as H:. It then read and wrote to the device. Then the application using H: is closed and later reopened. it cannot find H: No action...
  3. External USB boot without Windows2Go

in Windows 10 Support
    External USB boot without Windows2Go: Hi Gurus In theory it should be possible to clone a Windows OS Disk to external and then boot Windows from that without going for a "Windows to Go" solution. It seems there's a bit somewhere in the registry that tells the system that one is trying to boot an external...
  4. Unknown USB Device Popup, without connecting any device(constantly) Windows 10

Unknown USB Device Popup, without connecting any device(constantly) Windows 10: Hello, So recently I started to get this uncontrolled popups that Unknown Device was connected and disconnected over and over again. 1. I tried to reinstall USB drivers, unable the USB device and troubleshoot it. 2. Restarted PC multiple times, all updates are installed....
  5. BSOD memory management on USB boot WIN 10 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD memory management on USB boot WIN 10 setup: Hey guys today I created a windows 10 setup on my USB because I wanted to recover my windows state of 2 days ago due to accidentally disabling ALL of windows 10 services (now windows 10 doesnt stucks on login screen image without being able to log in). The issue is that...
  6. Can Not Boot without USB of Win 10 Attached

Can Not Boot without USB of Win 10 Attached: The electric company came by and swapped out our meter and shut off the power without telling us. I have a Win 10 desktop PC and after the power cut it won't start up at all. I fire it up and it gets to the point where it should access the C drive to load windows and I get a...
  7. Can this motherboard boot from a USB device

Can this motherboard boot from a USB device: Hi guys first post here , BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS M2N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0801, 25/04/2007 This is an older MB and I have installed Windows 10 as a fresh install now and its running nicely . The Question is would I be able in the future...
  8. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...
  9. No Usb devices detected on first boot

No Usb devices detected on first boot: When I first power up my system. Windows boot up fine (actually better than fine, it boots too quickly, just within some seconds) but do not detect any usb devices connected to the system including keyboard, mouse and bluetooth. Even lights of keyboard and mouse remains off....
  10. Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD: Hi guys, I have the Windows 10 Pro ISO with a Windows 10 key. (from MSDN) I want to install Windows 10 as dual boot with Windows 8.1. Both are x64. Is it possible to install Windows 10 from the ISO? I know you can upgrade that way. But I want to do a clean install...