Windows 10: No bootable device, after installing an update

Discus and support No bootable device, after installing an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I just updated Windows10 to my Acer I5 laptop and restart him. I see on the screen sign NO BOOTABLE DEVICE only. I used my recovery USB stick and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ЕвгенийМельничук, Dec 30, 2019.

1. No bootable device, after installing an update

Hi. I just updated Windows10 to my Acer I5 laptop and restart him. I see on the screen sign NO BOOTABLE DEVICE only. I used my recovery USB stick and under Advanced options can't do nothing. I see an information YOUR HARD DRIVE LOCKED.

I used some recommendations regarding CHKDSK, BOOT FIX, Check Bios setup. Nothing help.

I used my laptop 3 years with all newest Windows10 updates without any problems. But this week, mean last week of December 2019 was not lucky. I don't understand why Microsoft update software broke my laptop?

I don't have computer now, afraid about loose my data.

I trusted Microsoft, but now I have big problem with my Laptop and data.

I hope that you will provide me with professional assistance in this situation, without any cost for me.

Regards,

Yauheni.No bootable device, after installing an update [​IMG]

***Modified title from: No Bootable Device ***

:)

ЕвгенийМельничук, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Bootable Vista Installer

I have a friend who has a Vista Home Premium key (from the bottom of his laptop) and his HDD crapped out so he ordered a new one. His repair disks didn't work and neither of us have CD's with a large enough capacity to store the files we 'found' on the interwebz, so I'm trying to install it from a bootable USB.

I got up to the step where I successfully turned the USB into an active partition, but I ran into a problem the moment I needed to access the boot sector.

Can someone kindly walk me through the steps?

Kantastic, Dec 30, 2019
  4. No bootable device, after installing an update

Andre Da Costa, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

No bootable device, after installing an update

1. No bootable device, after installing an update - Similar Threads - bootable device installing

2. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  3. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  4. No bootable device after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bootable device after latest Windows update: Hi I have an Acer Aspire 3 A314 after doing a windows update last night, I turned it on this morning and says no boot device, went into settings & no HD showing, booted a USB to reinstall but no HD to boot to, is this an issue with the update or has the HD failed, the laptop...
  5. no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device: Hello I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 after a few months, i then migrated to an ssd... everything was fine for a year but now it is saying no bootable device, i cannot retrive my product key or digital id. the os is still on the ssd i have tried recover keys but no...
  6. No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install: I recently clean-installed Windows 10 after finding myself booting into a black screen with cursor post-login after having ran the memory diagnostic tool, and later getting a "No Bootable Devices Found" error after various unsuccessful repair attempts. Clean-installing...
  7. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bootable device: Can anyone help me with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device/0ee1a0af-22e9-45a5-a308-7fab7f847b9f
  8. "No bootable device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "No bootable device": Hello everyone, I have a problem with my computer not starting. Not being very knowledgable about technology, I would like to ask if there is any way I can still fix it. Since the language on my computer is not English, I hope I translated everything correctly in the...
  9. No bootable device found after linux install

No bootable device found after linux install: Hello, So, I've had a pretty big issue today. I installed Debian as a dual boot with win10, and it worked! The only problem was that I didn't have access to either root or sudo. In order to fix that, I booted into Ubuntu because my Debian live image logs out after a few...
  10. Potential Solution 'No bootable device detected' after fresh install

Potential Solution 'No bootable device detected' after fresh install: Hello Forum, My Dell Precision T3600 originally came with Win7 x64 which I upgraded to Win10 successfully. However I wanted to do a fresh install of Win10 to get rid of accumulated OS mess that cluttered most of my 256GB SSD drive. So I created a bootable USB thanks to MS...