Windows 10: No bootable device after latest Windows update

Discus and support No bootable device after latest Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have an Acer Aspire 3 A314 after doing a windows update last night, I turned it on this morning and says no boot device, went into settings & no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrFinn2021, Jun 11, 2021.

1. No bootable device after latest Windows update

Hi I have an Acer Aspire 3 A314 after doing a windows update last night, I turned it on this morning and says no boot device, went into settings & no HD showing, booted a USB to reinstall but no HD to boot to, is this an issue with the update or has the HD failed, the laptop is only a few months old, any help gratefully appreciated Thanks in advance

:)

MrFinn2021, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 11, 2021
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

No bootable device after latest Windows update

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

No bootable device after latest Windows update

1. No bootable device after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - bootable device latest

2. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update: As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE. The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives one being another NVME show up...
  3. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update: As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE. The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives one being another NVME show up...
  4. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  5. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

"No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  6. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  8. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

"No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  9. no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device: Hello I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 after a few months, i then migrated to an ssd... everything was fine for a year but now it is saying no bootable device, i cannot retrive my product key or digital id. the os is still on the ssd i have tried recover keys but no...
  10. No bootable device, after installing an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No bootable device, after installing an update: Hi. I just updated Windows10 to my Acer I5 laptop and restart him. I see on the screen sign NO BOOTABLE DEVICE only. I used my recovery USB stick and under Advanced options can't do nothing. I see an information YOUR HARD DRIVE LOCKED. I used some recommendations regarding...