Windows 10: "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

Discus and support "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gavin Thomas Vincent, Oct 6, 2022.

1. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update. I've tried safe mode, selecting drive none found, reinstalling Windows error, unable to complete, resetting computer, restoring from recovery partition, uninstall last update, all via the recovery blue screen, with no luck. I don't have a recovery drive as I assumed the recovery partition on my SSD was sufficient - m

:)

Gavin Thomas Vincent, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 6, 2022
  3. make a bootable USB windows xp

What are the steps is creating bootable USB for Windows XP? What do's and don'ts and reminders to creating one for USB2.0 and USB3.0

EmJayLM2019, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Chewy Win User

"No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

"No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

1. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950 - Similar Threads - bootable devices 22h2

2. I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...: Every time i go and do windows updates, it seems like my registry editor has an ungodly amount of REG_DWORD additions all over the registry, i do not understand why these would be getting altered so much, and if it is anything to worry about, or if this is normal. the face...
  3. I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have downloaded all updates, reset and update of Dell xps 8950, why are all of these...: Every time i go and do windows updates, it seems like my registry editor has an ungodly amount of REG_DWORD additions all over the registry, i do not understand why these would be getting altered so much, and if it is anything to worry about, or if this is normal. the face...
  4. "No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950

"No bootable devices" after 22h2 update on XPS 8950: I updated OS to Windows 11 22h2 I think this morning via Windows Update and while restarting automatically during the update, it took me to an error page rather than the OS, where it said "no bootable devices found". It appears to not be recognizing my SSD during the update....
  5. XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp: Just purchased XPS. Hooked to external receiver EXACLY as per instructions. No sound. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps that W 11 offers as well as the ones in these forums. Dell seems to think Windows is problem. Is anyone else experiencing this.?...
  6. XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp

XPS 8950/Windows 11 No output to external amp: Just purchased XPS. Hooked to external receiver EXACLY as per instructions. No sound. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps that W 11 offers as well as the ones in these forums. Dell seems to think Windows is problem. Is anyone else experiencing this.?...
  7. No bootable device after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bootable device after latest Windows update: Hi I have an Acer Aspire 3 A314 after doing a windows update last night, I turned it on this morning and says no boot device, went into settings & no HD showing, booted a USB to reinstall but no HD to boot to, is this an issue with the update or has the HD failed, the laptop...
  8. no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device: Hello I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 after a few months, i then migrated to an ssd... everything was fine for a year but now it is saying no bootable device, i cannot retrive my product key or digital id. the os is still on the ssd i have tried recover keys but no...
  9. No bootable device, after installing an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No bootable device, after installing an update: Hi. I just updated Windows10 to my Acer I5 laptop and restart him. I see on the screen sign NO BOOTABLE DEVICE only. I used my recovery USB stick and under Advanced options can't do nothing. I see an information YOUR HARD DRIVE LOCKED. I used some recommendations regarding...
  10. "No bootable device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "No bootable device": Hello everyone, I have a problem with my computer not starting. Not being very knowledgable about technology, I would like to ask if there is any way I can still fix it. Since the language on my computer is not English, I hope I translated everything correctly in the...