Windows 10: No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

Discus and support No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Şadan Dönmez, Apr 22, 2024.

1. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data Inpage Error note and then it turned into "No Bootable Devices Found" error. When I restart the PC, windows starts to run, but again after a while, I get "No Bootable Devices Found" error and black screen.I have updated the BIOS from Dell web site, and installed all Windows updates. There are no disk errors.What could be the

:)

Şadan Dönmez, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Apr 22, 2024
  4. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

Error 10 (device doesn't start) while trying to load a VCP to a USB serial converter on Windows 10

HI Joost,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the USB device on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue specific to the device (Are you able to connect any other device to your computer)?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with Error 10?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks
    for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article, refer to the section Error code: 10, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to download and install the pending updates on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

1. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run - Similar Threads - Bootable Devices Found

2. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD WD SA510 2.5 500gb and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen...
  3. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data...
  4. No bootable device found error even after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bootable device found error even after reinstalling windows: It starts with freezing of the screen followed by the blue screen error inaccessible boot device and when windows attempts to restart it shows no bootable device found. But there is one thing I tried which fixed this error. I changed my BOIS settings from legacy to UEFI then...
  5. No bootable device found error even after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable device found error even after reinstalling windows: It starts with freezing of the screen followed by the blue screen error inaccessible boot device and when windows attempts to restart it shows no bootable device found. But there is one thing I tried which fixed this error. I changed my BOIS settings from legacy to UEFI then...
  6. No bootable device found error even after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  8. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  9. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No bootable device found: I've been using my laptop for a while. My hard drive got corrupted a month back so i decided to add an m.2 ssd and install windows on that. I had left my hard drive in with the installation. Yesterday i got my hands on a 2.5 inch ssd so i decided to replace my hard drive with...
  10. no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device found: Hi, Because of a virus I hard reseted my DELL XPS 15 9550 with the SupportAssist tool Unfortunately it said the error: *no bootable device found* after making a boot USB stick with another computer and using it as a bootable device there were no differences! please tell me...