Windows 10: No Bootloader for windows 10

Discus and support No Bootloader for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Alright i desperately need help. When i installed windows 10 I had a separate drive attached with an installment of Windows 7. Now that i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wes217, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Wes217 Win User

No Bootloader for windows 10

Hello! Alright i desperately need help. When i installed windows 10 I had a separate drive attached with an installment of Windows 7. Now that i want to return that drive to the original owner my drive with Windows 10 installed on it refuses to boot because my motherboard can't find it without the other drive attached. I've had this problem once before With Windows 8 when i wanted to try Steam OS. Steam OS ended up installing it's own linux bootloader so when i wen to remove steam os from my computer windows 8 woudnt boot anymore
    i remember i was able to fix this without reinstalling i just dont remember how! Please Help!

:)

Wes217, Oct 31, 2015
  2. SusanF66 Win User

Windows 10 and my 8.1/Mint 17.1 dual boot

I currently dual boot Windows 8.1 and Mint 17.1. When I turn on my computer, I see GRUB with a choice of Mint or the Windows bootloader. During the set up of my dual boot, I used a method that installed Mint's bootloader to the Windows 8.1 EFI system partition
    so that Mint boots in UEFI mode. Does the upgrade of Windows 10 install a new EFI partition and/or bootloader on an up-to-date Windows 8.1 machine? If so, is it possible to install Windows 10 to use the existing EFI partition for its own bootloader, preserving
    the ability to access the Mint partition without the need to repair/reinstall GRUB? Thanks.

SusanF66, Oct 31, 2015
  3. NV CRONOS Win User
    BootLoader Windows 10

Get any windows 7-10 ISO, CD, or DVD. Go to Repair computer. Open command prompt. Put in "bootrec.exe/fixmbr' . It will repair you master boot record.

NV CRONOS, Oct 31, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

1. No Bootloader for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bootloader

2. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover the Windows bootloader?: Recently i installed Fedora with GRUB to the same partition as Windows bootloader, using ```bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\fedora/grubx64.efi``` to make it possible to use bothThen, to switch Fedora to another OS i first booted into windows and used```mountvol S: /SS:cd...
  3. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i recover the Windows bootloader?: Recently i installed Fedora with GRUB to the same partition as Windows bootloader, using ```bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\fedora/grubx64.efi``` to make it possible to use bothThen, to switch Fedora to another OS i first booted into windows and used```mountvol S: /SS:cd...
  4. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  6. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  7. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  8. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  9. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd

I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd: I installed grub bootloader on my windows ssd by mistake now when I boot to windows it shows a blue recovery screen, i created bootable usb to fix and when i use the “bootrec /fixboot” command it gives me an error saying “access denied” please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up grub in win 10 mail

2. windows 10 without bootloader

3. windows 10 22319

4. 22319 windows 10,
  5. windows 10 no bootloader