Windows 10: No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

Discus and support No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Z170A (MSI Gaming M7) Motherboard is now BRICKED!!!! This (BRICKED) problem didn't happen straight away after 1809 update. There were numerous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamAbeywardene, Jan 10, 2019.

1. No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

My Z170A (MSI Gaming M7) Motherboard is now BRICKED!!!!

This (BRICKED) problem didn't happen straight away after 1809 update. There were numerous screen/display problems since 1809 with the display crashing, noise bars, black blocks and sometimes BSOD immediately after bootup into Desktop which I reported through Feedback Hub.

I can only get the PC to bootup now by doing BIOS Flashback+ and continuing into Windows directly after the reflashing BIOS then pressing F2 button. Once I shut down, the PC will not bootup again. I get D0 (Late CPU Initialization) on HEX display on MB when I try to power up/bootup. No POST, Nothing. Just D0 (Hex) and a few LEDs lit on MB.

I have changed PSU, Tested the PSU voltages, changed RAM and checked the CPU (6700K) There are no bent pins or shorts.
    Once the PC is booted up as per BIOS Flashback+ the PC functions normally. UNTIL IT IS SHUT DOWN. Then the PC refuses to bootup, No POST nothing. Only a few LEDs lit on MB.

This surely must be an Intel Chipset issue or something as the BIOS (latest) was in operation for months prior to Windows 10 1809 update.

Could you please tell me if a fix is being prepared.

MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - BIOS E7976IMS.1L0 (Latest)

CPU: Intel 6700K

RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz

GPU: MSI R9 390 (removed for troubleshooting). Now using IGP

PSU: Thermeltake Toughpower 750W

Monitor: iiyama 4k 40inch

***Moved from Windows 10 / sleep and Power on/off***

:)

SamAbeywardene, Jan 10, 2019

2. error code ?

When did the error code appear? During POST? Was it a Windows bluescreen error?

Polaris573, Jan 10, 2019
  3. freakshow Win User
    i7 920 c0 and d0

yes there are 2 different steppings there is the C0/c1 and there is the D0
    the D0 Stepping seems to clock better the the C0/C1 stepping
    the D0 stepping is newer also

freakshow, Jan 10, 2019
  4. No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

i7 920 D0 stepping available OCUK

Now i know OCUK hasn't got the best reputation here but i thought i'd point out they are now selling D0 stepped chips in retails boxed at £4 more than the C0/C1 retail chips (still more expensive than the OEM 920 C0/C1 steppings) but i guess it won't be long until they have D0 OEM chips listed.

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66GHz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail

BTW has anyone got any overclocking results on the new D0 stepping? i read a preview on anand where their prelim. tests showed D0 clocked higher for lower voltage but they may have just had a good chip.

anandtech preview

Sorry if this has already been posted, i havn't spotted any threads with it in though *Smile No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809 :)

human_error, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

1. No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809 - Similar Threads - Bootup POST Error

2. Unicode hex codes not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unicode hex codes not working right: On my personal laptop with Windows 10 Pro 2H22 all works fine – when I am using combination of Alt + **** symbol code it works like it must. But on work laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise 2H22 – it works only with right Alt and even then it works not every time. Sometimes it...
  3. Unicode hex codes not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unicode hex codes not working right: On my personal laptop with Windows 10 Pro 2H22 all works fine – when I am using combination of Alt + **** symbol code it works like it must. But on work laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise 2H22 – it works only with right Alt and even then it works not every time. Sometimes it...
  4. Bootup registry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootup registry error: I am running win 7 ver 6.1.7 and it won't boot up.When running to manual recovery, I can open cmd but I can't type anything. It seems like the keyboard stops working at this point.I can use the keyboard if I'm in the bios though.If gone through startup repair and problem...
  5. Services with a 5 digit Hex code affixed to them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Services with a 5 digit Hex code affixed to them: I understand that the Windows 10 OS is adding the suffix of a 5 digit hex code to the end of services as a "per user" thing but I am having an error in one of them and am not able to determine what is causing it or why. I have exhaustively searched online and nothing has been...
  6. Constant BSODs (error codes in post)

Constant BSODs (error codes in post): Bit of a long story... Posting on behalf of a friend. Just before Christmas my mates PC started acting up. He began to get random BSOD's (we couldn't find any way to trigger it or repeat the errors, it all appears random) . It kept getting worse and got to the point where he...
  7. No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809: My Z170A (MSI Gaming M7) Motherboard is now BRICKED!!!! This (BRICKED) problem didn't happen straight away after 1809 update. There were numerous screen/display problems since 1809 with the display crashing, noise bars, black blocks and sometimes BSOD immediately after...
  8. Update 1809 stuck at 17% on bootup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 stuck at 17% on bootup.: So. getting real excited about finally being able to update to 1809. but alas. I have a problem. I run the update assistant and it runs just fine. Downloads the update and then reboots the pc to apply the update. It gets to around 17% when it then reboots again and then tells...
  9. ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 ): Hello there! Recently my Gigabyte Aero 15 laptop had a lot of blue screens saying kernel security check failure. It was purchased around 7 months ago and is well-cooled so I do not suspect overheating as the cause. Here is the WinDbg result for the most recent blue...
  10. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f: My daughter tried to start her laptop this morning to be confronted by a blue Recovery screen. It looks decidedly like a BSOD but I could not follow the posting instructions for this forum because the laptop won't boot. The message reads:...