Windows 10: No brightness adjust slider on laptop

Discus and support No brightness adjust slider on laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wheresmymotiv, Oct 9, 2020.

1. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this.

Things to know:

1. The laptop had a screen replacement.
    2. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450
    3. Windows 10 Version 2004
    4. Bought off eBay

I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i went to turn it down I found out that there was no option anywhere in windows to reduce screen brightness.

I'd reinstalled windows 3 times. Checked every option in settings for brightness and display.

Under device manager the display is named "generic PnP display" rather than LCD.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Should I rollback to a previous version of windows? Are there any specific drivers I should install?

in short, it behaves as if it were a desktop with an external monitor. You cannot adjust brightness through windows.

Thanks everyone.

submitted by /u/wheresmymotiv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wheresmymotiv, Oct 9, 2020
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

Brightness sliders are only in !all in ones", like laptops, and tablets I believe.

Cliff S, Oct 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

No brightness adjust slider on laptop

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

This is how 1809 is. Settings are moving from the Control Panel.

There are plenty of other ways of adjusting brightness- could you clarify which isn't working for you?

dalchina, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

No brightness adjust slider on laptop

1. No brightness adjust slider on laptop - Similar Threads - brightness adjust slider

2. Laptop missing brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop missing brightness slider: Hello,I updated my laptop to win 11, and I don't have a brightness slider now. I cannot adjust my brightness at all. I cannot roll back driver in the display adapters, either. How to solve the problem?Best,Xinyu...
  3. Laptop missing brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop missing brightness slider: Hello,I updated my laptop to win 11, and I don't have a brightness slider now. I cannot adjust my brightness at all. I cannot roll back driver in the display adapters, either. How to solve the problem?Best,Xinyu...
  4. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  5. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  6. No brightness adjustment slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No brightness adjustment slider: I recently bought a new computer with a fresh update of Windows 10, and everything was working well until I went to adjust my brightness. I am running a 3GB Geforce 1060 and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much every fix I've come across, but so far nothing...
  7. 1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment (missing sliders)

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment (missing sliders): Got 1903 installed and now missing both of those sliders [img] g Image I can still adjust brightness for Plugged In mode in the notifications menu and general brightness menu, but there is no way to set it for the Battery mode, when the notebook is unplugged. Worked fine...
  8. laptop brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop brightness adjustment: Sir/Madam, I have recently purchased a DELL laptop (Vostro 15) i3 7th gen. I have noticed that, I am unable to change the levels of brightness either in keyboard or in settings. Kindly help me out to solve the issue. Thanks with the hope to get redressed....
  9. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505