Windows 10: No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

Discus and support No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ship69, Jul 31, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

Hello

The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK

Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    But where are the drivers? [GRRR]

I tried running Samsung Update but it finds nothing. After a long pause it just says "This model can be supported through a Windows Update" and that was it! [GRRR]

I am running Windows 10 Pro (x64) version 10.0.19041.388 (Build 19041) and have run Windows Update.

My graphics card is "AMD Radeon HD 8570M graphics card" (although there is a built-in one "Intel HD Graphics 4000" which I am not using according to Control/Alt/Delete ==> Task Manager ==> Performance.)

I have run various Windows10 Troubleshooters but they found nothing.

Under Settings ==> Display, there is a slider to change the brightness of the built-in display, but it has no effect when changed. Underneath it, I do NOT have "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes". And Night light is off.

"Uninstalling Radeon Software... Your display may flicker during uninstall"
    ==> then I had to reboot
    ==> then it said "Installing AMD Display Drivers"
    ==> then it got totally stuck at "Time remaining 00:24 99%"

It seems that the system has totally locked. Even Control/Alt/Delete failed to work!

So I forced a reboot but holding down the power key. But now windows 10 boots but locks at the startup screen (some random photograph). On the third reboot it gave me the option to do a System Restore, which I ran.

Out of desperation, given that Samsung has seemingly abandoned me, I tried to install AMD's "Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1" (c. 426MB!) to update the graphics card's driver. This "recommended a factory reset", and when I hit "Install" it said "Uninstalling Radeon Software... Your display may flicker during uninstall"
    ==> then I had to reboot

It seemed that the system was totally locked. Even Control/Alt/Delete failed to work!

So I forced a reboot but holding down the power key. But now windows 10 boots but locks at the startup screen (some random photograph). On the third reboot it gave me the option to do a System Restore, which I ran.

EDIT: Out of desperation, given that Samsung has seemingly abandoned me, I tried to install AMD's "Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1" (c. 426MB!) to update the graphics card's driver. This "recommended a factory reset", and when I hit "Install" it said
    "Uninstalling Radeon Software... Your display may flicker during uninstall"
    ==> then I had to reboot

It seems that the system has totally locked. Even Control/Alt/Delete failed to work!

I can now access my laptop again [phew!] but I still can't control the brightness of my laptop's screen.

Any suggestions?

J

:)

ship69, Jul 31, 2020
  2. ship69 Win User

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

I have ordered an mSATA to USB caddy, in order to test my 512GB SSD, but it will a couple of days to arrive.

It occurs to me that whilst I have Windows installed on the 128GB SSD, maybe I should update any possible drivers/firmware/BIOS etc. I have a feeling that the original SSD had various Samsung utilities to help do this. Unfortunately Samsung offer no downloads AT ALL for my model NP740U3E-S04UK.
    13.3 Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung UK
    It will take me a VERY long time to forgive Samsung for that.

Any thoughts?

J

ship69, Jul 31, 2020
  3. ship69 Win User
    Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

To get clear I would need special drivers for my exact model of PC, rather than find the correct chipset drivers on Intel.com, yes?

If so I have a problem because there don't seem to be any drivers or downloads for my model (NP740U3E-S04UK) on 13.3 Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung UK...

ship69, Jul 31, 2020
  4. ship69 Win User

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Hello

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Background
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK)
    13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    It comes with a AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M graphics card, plus a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    For some reason my Brightness control suddenly seems to have gone nuts. I stopped being able to control it when the power is plugged in, and when the power is not plugged in the brightness keeps changing for no reason.

So I tried to install an AMD driver thing (AMD Adrenalin 2020) that I found on www.amd.com but it locked computer completely and after all manner of trouble I finally managed to do a System Restore to get rid of the Adrenalin thing.

Then like a fool, I thought I could reinstall the old AMD driver using Device Manager, so I tried to disable the thing using Device Manager. And now even after a reboot I still can't see the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. I have tried ticking View ==> Show hidden devices... but that didn't help either!

What should I do?

J

ship69, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E) - Similar Threads - brightness control Samsung

2. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7: I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way...
  3. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7: I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way...
  4. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E): Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK But where are the drivers? [GRRR] I tried running Samsung...
  5. Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on: I've left it charging for 8 hours and have pressed all the buttons at the same time, and the computer still doesnt turn on. If someone could help ASAP that would be great! Thanks...
  6. Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate: I only have access to this tablet computer. I've had Windows 10 on it before so I know that it works, albeit slooooow because Windows is a resource hog, but I have another computer to run Linux distros on so this tablet is going to be a media computer. It ohly has one USB...
  7. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos: Hello, I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a Radeon 8600/8700M graphics card. Yesterday, I noticed the brightness of the laptop screen was very dim when the laptop unplugged, but the screen was very bright when plugged in. I right clicked...
  8. Impressora Samsung M288x Series

Impressora Samsung M288x Series: Não consigo digitalizar documentos na impressora Samsung Xpress M2885FW, esta exibindo a mensagem "Erro de I/O durante a comunicação com o dispositivo"....
  9. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239
  10. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys. I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos. It does not work with brightness, backlight, wifi on/off, fan... etc. The key does work with volume so I know...