Windows 10: No brightness slider on desktop

Discus and support No brightness slider on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HelloI've been trying to find a way to add natively the brightness slider but I can't seem to find any way to add it natively.I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoyalGuard007, Jul 3, 2021.

1. No brightness slider on desktop

HelloI've been trying to find a way to add natively the brightness slider but I can't seem to find any way to add it natively.I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, an Asus VP278H and an Asus VS247.I've already installed what Asus calls "drivers" and I'm up to date on the NVIDIA side.I'm currently using a 3rd party tool to adjust the brightness on my monitors but I wanted to see if there was any way to add it natively.About the power plan, I'm on the AMD Ryzen High Performance plan.Thank you in advance.

:)

RoyalGuard007, Jul 3, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Select action center/notification button on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the
    Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. As mentioned in the article, if you
    don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver.
    As you have already update the Display drivers, I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the drivers then update it again. To uninstall and delete the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device Manager and then expand the Display adapters
      section.
    2. Then right click on options listed below and click on Uninstall.
    3. Check the box next to Delete this drivers.
    4. Then reboot your device and update the drivers. You can also try updating the Batteries drivers along with display drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 3, 2021
  3. BobWood8 Win User
    brightness slider

Hi Rey

I have a desktop pc with 2 external monitors and I display them as extended display.

Should, or can, the brightness slider in the notification box show?.

At present I have the latest windows 10 software installed on my desktop ,but no brightness slider.

I all so have the same software installed on my 2 laptops – the brightness slider works fine.

Does this mean the external monitors are the problem with my desktop?

Please advise

Thanks for your time.

Bob

BobWood8, Jul 3, 2021
  4. BobWood8 Win User

No brightness slider on desktop

brightness slider

does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops

BobWood8, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

No brightness slider on desktop

1. No brightness slider on desktop - Similar Threads - brightness slider desktop

2. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  3. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  4. brightness slider not working

brightness slider not working: Hello, My brightness slider from my computer, Microsoft Windows 11, is not working, even though I try to change this in settings, control panel, and device manager, but it is still not working. I also tried Fn+sun and/or Fn+Esc+sun, but nothing happened. If there is a...
  5. Brightness slider not working

Brightness slider not working: I recently went on a trip to California, where I took my laptop with me for schoolwork. I left it sitting in my bag during the bus ride over, and when I got back home from California I encountered the most annoying bug. The Brightness slider, the small, easy-access one used...
  6. Brightness slider not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider not functioning: Good afternoon! Today I have a driver issue. In windows, the brightness slider does not adjust the brightness of my laptop monitor. I have tried everything, from registries to device manager, and this is my last attempt to find an solution that doesn't involve me wiping my...
  7. brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  8. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  9. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0
  10. where is the brightness slider??

where is the brightness slider??: I havent been able to find the brightness slider in windows 10. I googled and it said click on the notifications icon and it is meant to be there but its not so I had a look in the display settings and its not there either. If i click on Do you have a question>change screen...