Windows 10: NO brightness tab in Display Settings

Discus and support NO brightness tab in Display Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I couldn't find the brightness tab in my computer's Display Settings. Only the night mode option. How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DenisseJG, Jul 21, 2019.

1. DenisseJG Win User

NO brightness tab in Display Settings

Hi. I couldn't find the brightness tab in my computer's Display Settings. Only the night mode option. How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10.

:)

DenisseJG, Jul 21, 2019

2. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 21, 2019
  3. No brightness control bar is display settings

Thank you for answering the questions. Can you describe to us what you are seeing in the display section? Also, as our initial troubleshooting step, you may try adjusting the screen brightness by going to Power Options. Kindly follow the steps below to check
    this.

• Press Windows key and type "power options".
    • Select Power Options from the results.
    • On the bottom part of the window, you will see the screen brightness slider.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jul 21, 2019
  4. NO brightness tab in Display Settings

After upgrading the brightness function is not working.

Hi Jignesh,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I will surely help you to resolve the issue with adjusting brightness.
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.

From the description provided, I understand that the brightness settings are not functioning correctly. Before proceeding follow the below link on
    Change screen brightness to turn the automatic adjustment on or off..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Power from the
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 3

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.

Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

NO brightness tab in Display Settings

1. NO brightness tab in Display Settings - Similar Threads - brightness tab Display

2. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  3. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  4. What is the default display brightness in system settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the default display brightness in system settings: What is the default display brightness in system settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-display-brightness-in-system/fa7b88bb-4e6a-449f-aba4-5c3f76128152
  5. Windows display brightness settings missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows display brightness settings missing: I recently activated a windows 10 Pro key, downloaded the latest graphics driver etc. However, when i went into the windows settings and wanted to change the display brightness, it was no where to be found. On my windows laptop, I could easily find it under the display...
  6. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...
  7. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  8. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  9. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227
  10. Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness does not appear under the display tab

Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness does not appear under the display tab: Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness should appear in the display under color. I can barely see monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/increase-brightness-on-monitor-brightness-does-not/736d9328-c6bc-47c8-b050-83da88fb8836