Windows 10: No BSD - just crashes & restarts itself.

Discus and support No BSD - just crashes & restarts itself. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know how much power the Wacom needs but it's certainly more than 100mA. I'll get an extension or a longer exact cable & use one of the USB 3s.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GARoss, Aug 4, 2015.

1. No BSD - just crashes & restarts itself.

My Windows 10 Setup told me to uninstall my Watcom drivers before it would proceed.

William Vaughn, Aug 8, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

That's different. Do you think it is not compatible? I don't think I've seen that before with 10. I've seen it say it can't transfer a program, but not uninstall a driver.

essenbe, Aug 8, 2015
  3. GARoss Win User
    My "issue" at the moment is one I created. *Eek

My wife has a Mac computer but liked the older style keyboard. I like the newer style because of the side USB hubs & tried it on my PC. All went well until (4 years ago on Win7) I plugged in a USB card reader & got the power too low error. This never happened on Mac as Macs have full power on their keyboard hubs.

When I found the "hack" that allowed full power to the keyboard USB hub on Win7 I could now use it for any type of USB drive with low no power issues.

I forgot about the hack when upgrading to Win10. Apparently, Win10 retained the Win7 "keyboard hack" to some degree because it worked without issues with most, but not all, software. I was getting crashes & odd responses with the Wacom which was plugged into the Apple keyboard.

It wasn't until a clean install of Win10 that I got the low power error while plugging the Wacom into the keyboard USB. The Wacom works without flaws on all other USB ports. Now, I just need a longer cable to have a neater, uncluttered appearance.

There are no issues with Wacom. The only issue is me trying to "force" Windows to be Mac-like! *Eek *Wink

GARoss, Aug 8, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

No BSD - just crashes & restarts itself.

OK, I was just thinking that because it said you have to uninstall the driver before it could proceed, would most likely me a compatibility problem. If it works in other ports, that isn't the case, I guess. I have had to buy several USB extension cables for the way I am set up. I have never had a problem with them. Of course, I try hard not to use Mac equipment on my computer. That may be illegal, you think? *Wink

essenbe, Aug 8, 2015
  5. GARoss Win User
    Hummm... , Attachment 29938might be illegal. Not sure about Mac/Apple stuff. Maybe there's something in iTunes or a video on Quicktime to help explain! *Eek *Tongue *chuckle

Take care! *Thumbs

GARoss, Aug 8, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Would you explain? How can Ubuntu be illegal? Where did you get this from>

essenbe, Aug 9, 2015
  7. All I know is that Setup prep asked me to remove the Watcom Tablet application (and drivers). I have no other information.

William Vaughn, Aug 9, 2015
  8. GARoss Win User

Sorry, I thought you'd understand that was meant to be a joke. It's not illegal, of course. I thought you were trying to be funny about Mac hardware on Windows being illegal so I spun it to Ubuntu trying to be funny as well. Apparently not. Sorry again.

BTW - I have tried Ubuntu Linux & like it very much but I have so much invested in Windows software that will not operate on Ubuntu that it's in my best interest to have a Windows only PC.

Take care!

GARoss, Aug 9, 2015
  9. GARoss Win User
    Are you saying you cannot install Wacom software at all? I can understand why during install but not afterwards. I don't recall having seen a notice like that.

GARoss, Aug 9, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    Sorry about the misunderstanding. You were right, I was joking about Mac. No, I am not saying that, I am saying that was just my interpretation, but it may be the first time in my life I was wrong. *sarc If it works and does not cause problems, by all means use it. But, were you having BSODs before installing the Software? If so, uninstall it and see if the BSODs continue. If they continue without the Wacom then you know that isn't the problem.

essenbe, Aug 9, 2015
  11. GARoss Win User
    Thinking back, I believe that all the issues after the upgrade was caused by the hack to the keyboard. I had the Wacom plugged into the keyboard & working after the upgrade. But, I think the hack didn't provide sufficient power to the Wacom. It worked ok on some software but crashed frequently out of nowhere using other. After the clean install the Wacom didn't work at all. This is an indication that the hack was somewhat working after the upgrade, but removed during the clean install. Since the clean install I've had no crashes. Today, I purchased a USB extension so we're good there now.

GARoss, Aug 10, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    OK, that's good. So, lets see how it goes for a few days and see what happens. Wouldn't you think that is the best course right now? If you are not crashing, let's give it a chance and see.

essenbe, Aug 10, 2015
  13. ChrisRobt Win User

I don't have a BSoD problem, but three times today my computer has shut off with no warning. I need to push the power button to turn it back on. I've done the scannow program listed on the first page and no integrity violations were found. I installed Windows 10 a few days ago and the computer (Dell XPS 27) has been running fine until today. I don't find and Ringo programs on my computer or GeForce. What next...I'm not a techie
    Christine

ChrisRobt, Aug 10, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 10, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    If you don't mind, just keep me posted. Thanks.

essenbe, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. No BSD - just crashes & restarts itself. - Similar Threads - BSD crashes restarts

2. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  3. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  4. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards: I bought a laptop that had FreeDOS and installed Windows 11 on it. I activated it and everything seemed to be fine.While doing some light workloads browsing the web the laptop's screen suddenly went black, after about 5-10 seconds, it seemed to have restarted since my web...
  6. Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected crashing, laptop restarts itself afterwards: I bought a laptop that had FreeDOS and installed Windows 11 on it. I activated it and everything seemed to be fine.While doing some light workloads browsing the web the laptop's screen suddenly went black, after about 5-10 seconds, it seemed to have restarted since my web...
  7. Application keeps crashing/ just closing itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application keeps crashing/ just closing itself: Faulting application name: Yakuza0.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c89289b Faulting module name: Yakuza0.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c89289b Exception code: 0x80000003 Fault offset: 0x0000000000045d3b Faulting process id: 0x317c Faulting application start...
  8. My PC restarts by itself, no warnings, it just restarts.

My PC restarts by itself, no warnings, it just restarts.: When I finished the build, I downloaded all drivers and I'm pretty sure everything is going well, I also benchmarked the system and all parts are working properly, Windows is up to date, Haven't downloaded any anti-virus software, and haven't changed anything in the BIOS...
  9. Crash BSD Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crash BSD Please Help: This has been happening for the last couple of months but seems to be getting worse,that is more frequent lately.My PC just crashes then reboots at seemingly random times.I have tried testing Memory and that seems ok,I have also tried a few stress tests and they also seem...
  10. My PC just went black and restarted itself

My PC just went black and restarted itself: It's done it like 2 other times this year so, unless that changes, I think it's safe to say it's nothing I should overly worry about...however, it's in my nature to want to understand WHY it's doing it...even if it is infrequent. For example, I was literally browsing a...