Windows 10: No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

Discus and support No BSOD issues but event viewer issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fredc, Sep 4, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this .

I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016

I read a lot of Win 10 upgrader's are having the same with no fix.

Any ideas

Thanks

:)

fredc, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Nigel_H Win User

Event 3104 Search: "Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed"

With respect to the BSOD have you the eventlog message that occurred - in most BSOD now, Microsoft is writing the issue to the Event Viewer Log (I seem to recall it was the System log)

In my cases to date the 3104 issue does not appear to be related to BSODs

Nigel_H, Sep 4, 2015
  3. gjones10 Win User
    BSOD on OneNote 2016 after Upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

I am not convinced that my issue is unrelated to the others. My issue began upon install of 1709 Fall Creator Update, this issue is only with OneNote, and my PC is very stable except for this OneNote BSOD. I would encourage other to take a look at their
    Event Viewer. When you reboot go to the event viewer and look at the error/s that's comes just before the critical error that generates the BSOD. Post what you find for all to see. As I said earlier, I hope MS is working on a fix.

gjones10, Sep 4, 2015
  4. NIK
    Nik Win User

Did you try the system file check?
    Launch Windows Command Prompt as admin and type this command:
    sfc /scannow

5. fredc Win User
    Oh yeah, i ran sfc/scannow and chkdsk numerous times, no issues. Apparently this error was a big issue with clean installing Win 8 and 8.1 as well , thats what i see when i googled the issue .

Supposedly a registry modification is required to fix it .

fredc, Sep 4, 2015
  6. NIK
    Nik Win User
    Why don't you try freeware such as Advanced SystemCare, System Mechanic Free, or Glary Utilities? They all contain registry checkers.

7. fredc Win User
    I have learned my lesson with stuff like that although i heard Glary Utilities is OK . I just feel a clean install should work well without needing to rely on utilities , would much rather figure out the cause and correct it myself to be honest .

I am an extreme minimalist , i barely ever download anything and my hard drive is mostly empty , always has been , even after years of use.

If i decide to clean install i never once had to save anything , i never have any important files , my setup has always been that way .

fredc, Sep 4, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Because software like Advanced SystemCare are the cause of a great amount of BSOD's for several people, it is not recommended to install them.

Edit:
    The software that contains registry checkers are mainly poor created and do more harm then good. This is the main reason why Microsoft did not create software to maintain the registry, also because in most cases it is not necessary.
    When it is necessary to edit a registry key, it is done via specific instructions from the company of the software.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  9. NIK
    Nik Win User
    Perhaps your installation medium is damaged (like a scratched DVD) and the system file check cannot detect the damaged file for some reason? Did you try configuring the permissions as described below (top solution with 19 points)?
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

10. NIK
    Nik Win User
    I have used Advanced SystemCare without any problems so far, but thanks for the headsup.

11. fredc Win User
    Seems the original issue went away , not sure how but what i have now is repeated errors that say Metadata staging failed lol. Research reveals this is still an issue that Microsoft said they would fix a long time ago but it's still happening with Windows 10.

They claim it's just a Win 8 issue but thats clearly not the case.

fredc, Sep 4, 2015
  12. NIK
    Nik Win User
    I am dumbfounded. My event viewer works fine. I am at a loss as to why this problem occurs on some computers but not others. If I think of something else I will let you know.

P.S. For what it's worth (I am not saying that you should upgrade to Win10 Pro), I had one bug with Win10 Home for single language: whenever I clicked on Calculator on my taskbar, Win10 would open two instances of Calculator. This bug disappeared after I upgraded to Win10 Pro (I upgraded for a different reason: for BitLocker and remote desktop connection).

13. fredc Win User

Are you telling me your event viewer was essentially clear with no errors after the upgrade ? I always thought it was normal for a lot of event viewer entries after an install , maybe not.

fredc, Sep 5, 2015
  14. NIK
    Nik Win User
    Probably not, but I don't use the Event Viewer unless I get a freeze or BSOD event. For the past week I got the following errors, but I am going to ignore them:
    The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage failed to grow.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk5\DR6.
    The server CortanaUI.AppXtpp90jhw9p0njjb85kvhxpppgrqfp117.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    Synchronization of web_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart services.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\DR12.
    A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WSearch service.
    Synchronization of web_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart services.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070003: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Package.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070003: Get Started.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: MSN Money.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: Xbox.
    and about a dozen other failed updates. (they installed successfully later)

15. fredc Win User
    Yeah, pretty sure i got most of those lol.

fredc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue? - Similar Threads - BSOD issues event

2. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  3. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  4. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  5. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  6. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help with interpreting Event Viewer data (having BSOD issues on new install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with interpreting Event Viewer data (having BSOD issues on new install): Hello, I recently installed a ASUS X570 TUF gaming plus motherboard, an NMVE 1tb ssd, and a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, keeping all other components the same. I do not have my old hard drives connected. I installed windows and have been getting random bsod restarts. The error message...
  8. Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903: [img] Desktop Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, OS Build 18362.476 - upgraded from v1809 to v1903 on Nov. 17, 2019. I've read through numerous web posts about this issue but none of the suggestions worked. None of the KB updates in relation to this issue were installed, so there...
  9. Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer: I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it. I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing me that an issue with Google Chrome. Is this related to failed login in Gmail or other website on that web browser. An...
  10. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........