Windows 10: No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41

Discus and support No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Firstly, I'm not getting BSOD just a black screen which turns out to be an Event ID 41. I've posted my message here as I have no idea where else to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41

Hi

Firstly, I'm not getting BSOD just a black screen which turns out to be an Event ID 41. I've posted my message here as I have no idea where else to post it. If I'm wrong in posting it here then I apologise. Now for my problem.

Just lately I've been getting a problem which when I look in the Event Viewer turns out to have an Event ID 41 and Locale ID 1033 attached to it. Up to now my PC has been working perfectly for many months. I don't overclock and when I checked temps (using Aida64), I found one temp at 44 degrees (the GPU diode) and the next nearest was 35 degrees so I don't think there's a problem with overheating. It happened yesterday morning at boot up plus another twice. It also happened today at just after 3pm. It can happen any time of day and curiously I've never been using or even looking at my monitor when it happens!

When it dies it only seems to shut down the video system since the PC doesn't run down and switch off; my husband can still access my PC on the network. I don't think its anything to do with the monitors (2 x Iiyama E2407HDS) and I'm pretty doubtful of it being the Graphics card (an Nvidia GTX760). I updated the driver only last night to the very latest for my video card. As far as I'm aware the only other thing it could be is the mobo (a Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3) (SouthBridge chip?) but how the hell do I check that out other than replacing it. It could equally be the timing of signals to the video card. I suppose realistically it could be almost anything associated with the video system.

So I'm seeking help to get this sorted although I have a sneeking feeling its something to do with hardware. Just a first step forward would be good, anything more would be a bonus. So any help anyone may be willing to offer would be most appreciated. I'm sure that more info will be needed so please, ask away and I'll do my best to provide any info needed.

Tracey

PS I've also just completed a virus scan and malware scan of my C: and D: drives using Avast Antivirus and Malwarebytes respectively but they're all clear.

TRACEY-(2019-08-15_18-20-36).zip

:)

TraceyW, Aug 15, 2019

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 15, 2019
  3. ShengyangShi, Aug 15, 2019
  4. No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41

Michelle Vil, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41

1. No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41 - Similar Threads - BSOD black Screen

2. Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41: Right off the bat I wanna preface this with the fact that this has been an issue for me for over a year and a half, and nothing I've ever tried has ever fixed the problem, and I'm really desperate for a solution. I'm unable to enjoy many of the games I play anymore, as games...
  3. Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screens and Kernel-Power Event ID: 41: Right off the bat I wanna preface this with the fact that this has been an issue for me for over a year and a half, and nothing I've ever tried has ever fixed the problem, and I'm really desperate for a solution. I'm unable to enjoy many of the games I play anymore, as games...
  4. Getting Event ID 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Event ID 41 BSODs: Onedrive link to last 3 minidumps zip fileIt's a fairly new prebuilt system running windows 11. I think the crashes only happened while running several things in chrome. some idle games and youtubeNot sure how much info you need besides the dumps to help, the community wiki...
  5. Getting Event ID 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Event ID 41 BSODs: Onedrive link to last 3 minidumps zip fileIt's a fairly new prebuilt system running windows 11. I think the crashes only happened while running several things in chrome. some idle games and youtubeNot sure how much info you need besides the dumps to help, the community wiki...
  6. Blue screen Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen Event ID 41: Hello,I received a blue screen. Here is the link for the files that you request for the debugging https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al3_rTiIEeNOgaM2IrjQpD1YQkNUMQ?e=hwVHQSBelow are the details from the crash:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 21/02/2022 23:28:17...
  7. Blue screen Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen Event ID 41: Hello,I received a blue screen. Here is the link for the files that you request for the debugging https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al3_rTiIEeNOgaM2IrjQpD1YQkNUMQ?e=hwVHQSBelow are the details from the crash:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 21/02/2022 23:28:17...
  8. BSOD event id 41

BSOD event id 41: Hello, i have a problem with BSOD. BSOD appeared 3 times and every BugcheckCode was different. What can it mean? 1. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 31.10.2020 20:32:04 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level:...
  9. BSOD Event ID 41

BSOD Event ID 41: Hello everyone, in the past week I've been having random BSOD while the PC is basically inactive and do not really know whats causing them. I would love to find out more what could be causing these crashes, so I look for help from the community as im not very well versed in...
  10. No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41

No BSOD Just a black Screen and an Event ID 41: Hi Firstly, I'm not getting BSOD just a black screen which turns out to be an Event ID 41. I've posted my message here as I have no idea where else to post it. If I'm wrong in posting it here then I apologise. Now for my problem. Just lately I've been getting a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crash with no bsod just black screen