Windows 10: No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly

Discus and support No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I went to grab a couple free games and the MS Store has no buttons to "purchase" them any longer. Yes I am logged in and no this is not a problem with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Atryeu, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Atryeu Win User

No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly

I went to grab a couple free games and the MS Store has no buttons to "purchase" them any longer. Yes I am logged in and no this is not a problem with the MS Store App as I first tried to get the game through my browser and there is no buttons there either. There also is no longer the "System Requirements" showing on the pages like there was yesterday and half of the content on all of the game pages is no longer showing creator, size, links to legal, etc at the very bottom. When accessing the pages from the browser it no longer shows the menu bar at the top that has always been there that included my username and such. No add-ons are blocking anything as this is happening in the latest version of Firefox and Edge and again, the MS Store App as well although the app does show I am logged in

This started today as yesterday the buttons where still there. The store is letting me download updates to programs installed but it won't let me get anything new.

This is not unique to my computer currently. I asked a friend to check this out who uses Windows 10 as well and they have the exact same thing happening. We are on different computer models and completely different internet services so nothing related there.

Any ideas how to get the pages to show correctly again? I'm coming up on the end of my internet month I'm on metered bandwidth with a tiny limit and I had extra bandwidth this month and wanted to use some of it downloading a few games I wanted so I'm on a bit of a time limit with this....

Also want to add I am up to date on Windows minus the 2004 feature update and the browsers and Store app are all up to date as well. Again this was not a problem yesterday, this started today and there have been no changes to my end.

:)

Atryeu, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Install Button on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Based on your post about no install button on Microsoft Store, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Does this issue happen only on that particular app only?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried checking other apps if they don't have install button also?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal on this

link
    and check if it will work.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 24, 2020
  3. windows 10 store no install button

Hi Kim,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

I would suggest you to clear cache memory from Windows Store by following steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows Store and see if you see the same behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Cannot buy games or redeem codes in the store

Hi Javier,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent the store from working properly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: Clear Windows Store app cache.

We suggest that you manually reset Windows Store app cache then try to download the game again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Make sure that you are logged in to your computer using your Microsoft account.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly - Similar Threads - Buy Free buttons

2. Microsoft Store. Buttons "Buy" and "Get" give no reaction.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store. Buttons "Buy" and "Get" give no reaction.: I am trying to install drivers for my mouse HyperX Ngenuity from Microsoft Store, but when I am clicking on button "Get" nothing happens. Same with any other program/game. When I am trying to buy something, it asks password, but after that - the same situation: nothing...
  3. There is no wish list button under the Buy button.

There is no wish list button under the Buy button.: There is no 'Add to Wishlist' button. Usually, it would be under the 'Buy' button. But, With my luck, it's not. It's not a serious issue, but it's kind of annoying. There is a screenshot down below. I hope you can resolve this issue. And yes, I have tried to update my Laptop,...
  4. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store: Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my...
  5. Buying from the microsoft store

Buying from the microsoft store: So today i saw that the xbox game pass for pc was only 1 dollar for some reason doesnt show euro and so i thought i would get it but the country/region thing is locked to usa and i live no where near there, i changed my region to estonia my country and it still didnt work,...
  6. Buying Stuff from the store

Buying Stuff from the store: Everytime i try to buy a gift card, this error comes up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-stuff-from-the-store/e240324d-d796-469f-b502-add00d85db79
  7. Canada buying in USA store

Canada buying in USA store: Hello, I am a canadian with canada address and I want to buy something in the US store. Does anyone know how I can purchase from US store with Canadian address? Thanks, Young...
  8. In microsoft store the install/free button is not highlighted or cannot be selected for...

In microsoft store the install/free button is not highlighted or cannot be selected for...: [ATTACH]here i cant select or click on the free button not only for whatsapp desktop , this problem occurs for some apps please help me to fix it...
  9. Unable to click "free" button download in store...

Unable to click "free" button download in store...: Hello, Noticed this issue on my laptop recently. I chose to reset my laptop to factory settings as it wasn't running the way I wanted to so I did a factory reset. Since the reset and updates installed I noticed that when I attempt to choose an app to download (apps I...
  10. Buying instead of the Free Upgrade of Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying instead of the Free Upgrade of Win10: How many folks are planning to buy the Win10 Pro version when it is released? I am going to buy a full copy when it is comes out. A year does not last very long and then we will need to buy it anyways. Hopefully MS will include a discount for us early buyers or for those...