Windows 10: "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

Discus and support "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some MP3 files which I am trying to burn to a blank c.d. with Ashampoo Burning Studio 16. The program accepts the files in the list to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syncopator, Aug 8, 2019.

1. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

I have some MP3 files which I am trying to burn to a blank c.d. with Ashampoo Burning Studio 16.

The program accepts the files in the list to be burnt, but says there is no c.d. in the drive when I try to burn.

I have burnt other discs before but without using Burning Studio.

:)

Syncopator, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Mazeblue Win User

Transfer desktop file to D drive to burn

This request is for windows 10. This always worked before, but now I can't put any files in the Explorer folder for my DVD burner. If I try to drag files, to only option that appears is "Move" and nothing happens. If I try to copy/paste, nothing gets pasted.
    If I right-click a file and select "Send to", "DVD RW Drive (D"No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. :)", nothing happens. In the Explorer folder for D: it shows:

Files ready to be written to disk (1)

desktop.ini

As a result I have two windows open, one with folder containing file and another opened by the D drive. I cannot get the file to transfer to the D drive under the files ready to be written to disk.

If I click "Burn to disc" a message pops up saying "No staged files to burn. Please add the files that you want to burn to this disc, then try burning again".

There is no 3rd party burning software on this computer.

Any suggestions?

Mazeblue, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 8, 2019
  4. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

riping and burning c/d

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Which software/program are you using to rip or burn disc?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting? Please send us a screenshot.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

"No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

1. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. - Similar Threads - drive message trying

2. Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D: I accidentally changed the location of my desktop from C:\ to D:\, and it put everything from my D:\ drive on the desktop screen. I am unable to restore the location back to C\users...etc where it belongs due to an access denied message. I have tried giving myself (the...
  3. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  4. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  5. Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error: I have a 237 GB SSD (C: Drive) and 909 GB HDD (D: Drive). I only have 27.8 GB left on my C: Drive, but all 909 GB left on my D: Drive. So my C: Drive is almost full, but when I try to move basic files from my desktop (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) I get an Interrupted Action...
  6. Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk: Hi.. I am getting an error message when I try to burn Window 10 to a DVD. I used a double layer with 8.5 GB. I have an older computer and it will not work with a thumb drive. Here is the error message when I try to burn it: Status: This disk image didn't burn...
  7. D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive

D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive: I bought a laptop for gaming that is supposed to have a Terabyte HDD a few months back. I trusted that it was actually what it said since the reviews were good. I decided to see how much disk space I have left and when I checked... the D Drive was the terabyte and my C Drive...
  8. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  9. How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card: Have a nextbook with only 35gb of internal storage and 28gb is used by the Win 10 os & apps. System allows use of an SD card (60gb) which I have added and it is shown as disk 1 in disk management - 16mb unallocated, 58.23gb eFAT healthy(primary partition). Can this be added...
  10. C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade: Sorry, didn't exactly know where to post this. So recently I had my Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 10 (also upgraded various hardware). Today I was fiddling around and customizing it, when I noticed that all of my files that were previously saved on my C: Drive were...