Windows 10: "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

Discus and support "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some MP3 files which I am trying to burn to a blank c.d. with Ashampoo Burning Studio 16. The program accepts the files in the list to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syncopator, Aug 8, 2019.

1. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

I have some MP3 files which I am trying to burn to a blank c.d. with Ashampoo Burning Studio 16.

The program accepts the files in the list to be burnt, but says there is no c.d. in the drive when I try to burn.

I have burnt other discs before but without using Burning Studio.

:)

Syncopator, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Mazeblue Win User

Transfer desktop file to D drive to burn

This request is for windows 10. This always worked before, but now I can't put any files in the Explorer folder for my DVD burner. If I try to drag files, to only option that appears is "Move" and nothing happens. If I try to copy/paste, nothing gets pasted.
    If I right-click a file and select "Send to", "DVD RW Drive (D"No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. :)", nothing happens. In the Explorer folder for D: it shows:

Files ready to be written to disk (1)

desktop.ini

As a result I have two windows open, one with folder containing file and another opened by the D drive. I cannot get the file to transfer to the D drive under the files ready to be written to disk.

If I click "Burn to disc" a message pops up saying "No staged files to burn. Please add the files that you want to burn to this disc, then try burning again".

There is no 3rd party burning software on this computer.

Any suggestions?

Mazeblue, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 8, 2019
  4. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

riping and burning c/d

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Which software/program are you using to rip or burn disc?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting? Please send us a screenshot.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

"No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files.

1. "No c.d. in drive" message when trying to burn files. - Similar Threads - drive message trying

2. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  3. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  4. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  5. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  6. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  8. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  9. C: and D: drives

C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  10. Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk: Hi.. I am getting an error message when I try to burn Window 10 to a DVD. I used a double layer with 8.5 GB. I have an older computer and it will not work with a thumb drive. Here is the error message when I try to burn it: Status: This disk image didn't burn...