Windows 10: No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS

Discus and support No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old Saitek X45 HOTAS that I use for a couple of games Flight Sim, Elite Dangerous etc.. However since upgrading from W7 to W10 earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisFrench74, Jun 30, 2020.

1. No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS

Hi,

I have an old Saitek X45 HOTAS that I use for a couple of games Flight Sim, Elite Dangerous etc.. However since upgrading from W7 to W10 earlier this year, there is no longer a calibration option in the joy.cpl settings screen. I have Saitek's own 64-bit drivers installed, I've removed and reinstalled the stick several times, but to no avail; no calibration option is ever available:

No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS ff5643b1-79ec-4698-a6f0-d6b25f7fa28d?upload=true.png

However, when I plug in my XBOX 360 gamepad, there is a calibration option available: for that device:

No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS d4b11330-05c3-4750-bbed-b64990f2d4df?upload=true.png

This implies to me that there's some problem that Windows 10 is having recognising the X45 as a HID correctly; however, I can adjust the calibration settings numerically using a third-party program such as DXTweak, but it's not really an ideal solution. Any advice as to how to get the good old Windows calibration tool working for the X45 would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

:)

ChrisFrench74, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Chriso747 Win User

Saitek X45 driver uninstall

You could go into Device Manager and find your Saitek X45 there. Click on Properties, then the Driver tab and select Roll back Driver. You should get back to your original driver.

If it still doesn't work properly, then load your Saitek disk and either reinstall the software (you will need to uninstall the software first rather than just overwriting it), or preferably install only the driver.

Chriso747, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Saitek X45 driver uninstall

Apologies, I thought you had the disk and you went to the website to get an up to date driver. Drivers generally are stored in the Windows directory > System 32 > Driver Store. But it's not advisable to go there and make any changes as major errors can
    result. You probably won't be able to find the driver in question anyway, as the file names are inconsistent with the hardware type.

Did you go into Device Manager and manage to locate your controller? Normally, an update or roll back of the driver would be sufficient. Or else, uninstall the present driver from that location, reboot computer, and hopefully Windows will install a generic
    driver for your controller from the Driver Store. However, I'm surprised that downloading a driver from Saitek, has proved fruitless. BTW, I thought the X45 was a stick not a game pad.

You could look at this also:

https://logitechsupport.force.com/s...uct-does-not-work-properly-in-Windows-7-8-8-1

Chriso747, Jun 30, 2020
  4. No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS

Game controller setting and calibration utility

Since moving from Window 7 to Windows 10 I can no longer test or calibrate my Saitek X-56 HOTAS. The controllers are listed in the utility but the testing screen comes up blank. Anyone got any ideas?

Steve-Merryman, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS

1. No calibration option in joy.cpl for Saitek X45 HOTAS - Similar Threads - calibration option joy

2. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  3. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Calibration Option is missing: i have a laptop which has got 2 gpus. one is iGPU and one is dGPU. HDR calibration settings only shows when HDR is OFF and i am on iGPU. the option vanishes when i switch the display to dGPU only or turn on HDR the later is true for iGPU too. also the sample video for...
  4. HDR Calibration Option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]: Hello,I have a USB Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle game controller that I can't get recognized on my PC. The controller works on a different computer. The PC, controller and desired game are from early 2000s.I have the original drivers and software, along with the newest...
  6. Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]: Hello,I have a USB Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle game controller that I can't get recognized on my PC. The controller works on a different computer. The PC, controller and desired game are from early 2000s.I have the original drivers and software, along with the newest...
  7. CPL file for the Personalization menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPL file for the Personalization menu: Hi,Someone knows how is the .cpl filename for the Personalization menu in Windows 10?I know just the following:Appwiz.cpl = Add/Remove Programs propertiesMmsys.cpl = Multimedia propertiesSysdm.cpl = System properties and Add New Hardware wizarddesk.cpl = Windows 10 system...
  8. Saitek X-55

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saitek X-55: I plug in the my Saitek X-55 flight stick, Throttle and pedals, but only the pedals are been recognize properly, the other have the !. I have unplug and re-plug then several time without any luck. I am unable to to install the software and drivers. Any advise....
  9. Saitek, again

Saitek, again: I have read all the tips about installing my Saitek Flight Yoke in Win 10 (and P3D), but my yoke doesn´t even show up in the device manager. Installer from Saitek stops where the yoke shall be conneced but nothing happens when I do. Jack the Swede in Spain 50389
  10. Saitek controller not recgonised

Saitek controller not recgonised: After I upgraded my PC motherboard, my Saitek controller shows up as unknown in device manager. It does recognize my Saitek rudder peddles. I've tried to install the latest Saitek drivers and software, but it won't do the controller, but it does the peddles. I've tried to...