Windows 10: No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

Discus and support No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In my Settings - Accounts - Sign in options section there should be an option to Change PIN next to ADD PIN. Can anyone tell me how to get it to come... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tod Firedragon, Nov 15, 2017.

1. No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

In my Settings - Accounts - Sign in options section there should be an option to Change PIN next to ADD PIN.
    Can anyone tell me how to get it to come back, please ?
    Windows 10 Professional x64

:)

Tod Firedragon, Nov 15, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Nov 15, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Nov 15, 2017
  4. No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

Hi and Welcome!

Is there a system password/pass phrase set on the device?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 16, 2017
  5. I sign in with a PIN.
    I tried changing to Password - no difference.
    I tried changing PIN through "I've forgotten my PIN" - no difference.
    I did the "Repair Windows" and it showed temporarily then disappeared. I think it may be due to one of the updates.

Tod Firedragon, Nov 16, 2017
  6. Which build of Windows are you running?

Press Windows key + R, type WinVer, read back the build number.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 17, 2017
  7. Version 1709 Build 16299.64

Tod Firedragon, Nov 17, 2017
  8. No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

This is a puzzling one. Are you able to remove the PIN from the computer?

Have you checked the system with SFC /scannow? I can link a guide if you do not know how to do this.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 19, 2017
  9. Yes, I have tried changing PINs, changing from PIN to Password, changing fro Microsoft Account to Local Account.
    I've done the SFC/scannow and DIMS (I think it was called that) and today spent half an hour on Microsoft help chat.
    Final decision so far is that it is a bug in the latest build, so I've posted in Feedback Hub as well.
    Hopefully the next build will sort it.

Tod Firedragon, Nov 19, 2017
  10. Interesting bug find then. Please keep an eye our for the Windows updates and let us know if it gets corrected.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 19, 2017
  11. Ok, just installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 17040.rs_prerelease.17110-1506.
    PIN can now be changed and fingerprint reader therefore works :-D

Tod Firedragon, Nov 20, 2017
  12. Very interesting. I'm excited to see the change in the upcoming build then. Glad to hear!

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

1. No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ? - Similar Threads - Change PIN option

2. PIN option not showing and forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  3. PIN option not showing and forgot password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  4. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  5. Option to set PIN doesn't show up AT ALL.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Option to set PIN doesn't show up AT ALL.: repost because noone responded to the first post, it's basically 50/50 wether the entire post will be dead forever, or it will get some replies Read title. I went to Settings, the Account section, and the sign-in options there, but it doesn't show up. I also have the enable...
  6. Option to set PIN doesn't show up, AT ALL

Option to set PIN doesn't show up, AT ALL: Read title. I went to Settings, the Account section, and the sign-in options there, but it doesn't show up. I also have the enable PIN group policy option enabled. Version: Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909 build 18363.1082 by the way I'm just a normal user, I use...
  7. No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options: I set a pin to sign in to my computer, but now my whole family knows it and can access my computer at any time. I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN. I selected "I forgot my PIN" on sign-in, and...
  8. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  9. No option to change the pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to change the pin: I am not getting any option to change my login pin. I get a message that the PIN is not working for organization resources. It is my personal laptop & the windows account that I use to login is also my personal one. Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...