Windows 10: No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.

Discus and support No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to allow an app through the Windows Defender Firewall there are no checkboxes. This is a new PC which came preloaded with Windows 10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexHWhite, Mar 20, 2020.

1. No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.

When I try to allow an app through the Windows Defender Firewall there are no checkboxes. This is a new PC which came preloaded with Windows 10 pro. Has anyone run into this before? I am running F Secure as a virus scanner.

:)

AlexHWhite, Mar 20, 2020

2. Aps not working

To unblock programs in Windows Firewall, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select System and Security.
    • On Windows Firewall, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Check the box on the left of the applications which are being blocked by Windows Firewall. Checking the application name allows access.
    • If the program you wish to unblock is not listed, click on the Allow another program button to add it.
    • Turn on your Windows Firewall.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 20, 2020
  4. No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.

windows firewall doesnt work tho everything seems alright!

Hi Titan,

Thanks for the reply.

Follow these steps to check if that makes any difference.

1. Select the “Start” button, then type “firewall“.
    2. Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
    3. Choose the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
    4. Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access. You can also check the boxes to the right of the name labeled “Private” or “Public” to allow
      and disallow the app on private or public networks respectively.
    5. If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another app” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse” button
      to select the program file manually.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.

1. No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender. - Similar Threads - check Boxes allow

2. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.: Hello all,The steps I followed are:Press win+R and enter gpedit.mscOpen group policy editor.Select windows settings --> security settings --> windows defender firewall.Right click on windows defender firewall and select properties.There enable/allow all inbound, outbound...
  3. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.: Hello all,The steps I followed are:Press win+R and enter gpedit.mscOpen group policy editor.Select windows settings --> security settings --> windows defender firewall.Right click on windows defender firewall and select properties.There enable/allow all inbound, outbound...
  4. How to check logs for IPsec through windows defender firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  6. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  7. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. In the win.10 firewal checbox is not workin