Windows 10: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer.

Discus and support No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Content blockers are built on extension features that share too much data with the extension. Let's change that! "The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LEOPEVA64, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM.

1. LEOPEVA64 Win User

No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer.

Content blockers are built on extension features that share too much data with the extension. Let's change that!

"The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to customize their experience in Chrome and on the web. As this system grows and expands in both reach and power, user safety and protection remains a core focus of the Chromium project.

In October, we announced a number of changes to improve the security, privacy, and performance of Chrome extensions. These changes include increased user options to control extension permissions, changes to the review process and readability requirements, and requiring two-step verification for developers. In addition, we’ve helped curb abuse through restricting inline installation on websites, preventing the use of deceptive installation practices, and limiting the data collected by extensions. We’ve also made changes to the teams themselves — over the last year, we’ve increased the size of the engineering teams that work on extension abuse by over 300% and the number of reviewers by over 400%.

These and other changes have driven down the rate of malicious installations by 89% since early 2018. Today, we block approximately 1,800 malicious uploads a month, preventing them from ever reaching the store. While the Chrome team is proud of these improvements, the review process alone can't catch all abuse. In order to provide better protection to our users, we need to make changes to the platform as well. This is the suite of changes we’re calling Manifest V3.

This effort is motivated by a desire to keep users safe and to give them more visibility and control over the data they’re sharing with extensions. One way we are doing this is by helping users be deliberate in granting access to sensitive data - such as emails, photos, and access to social media accounts. As we make these changes we want to continue to support extensions in empowering users and enhancing their browsing experience.

To help with this balance, we’re reimagining the way a number of powerful APIs work. Instead of a user granting each extension access to all of their sensitive data, we are creating ways for developers to request access to only the data they need to accomplish the same functionality. One example of this is the introduction of the Declarative Net Request API, which is replacing parts of the Web Request API..."

Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions Users

:)

2. how can I get ad blocker pro for internet explorer

> how can I get ad blocker pro for internet explorer like the one I have on google chrome

I think I don't know any extension that is called "ad blocker pro". Is that really the correct name?

Personally, I use and recommend the browser extension/add-on uBlock Origin which is much more than an advertisment blocker.

Suggestion to read:

3. JoanL. Win User
    how can I get ad blocker pro for internet explorer

AdBlockerpro that I use on Google Chrome is from the Google Store I guess it is not for use on Internet Explorer/

It seems the uBlock Origin that you use is for Microsoft Edge

4. No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer.

free ad blocker

recommend a good free ad blocker.

Ads, banner, flashes are making my surfing speed slow. I need an ad blocker but I dont have money. is there any good but free ad blocker?

HiddenStupid, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:13 PM
Thema:

No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer.

1. No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer. - Similar Threads - Chrome isn’t killing

2. ad blocker how to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    ad blocker how to turn off: Hi trying to turn off "Ad Blocker", how ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-blocker-how-to-turn-off/d80f04af-571d-4579-aab5-8a653117d579
  3. pop up ads blocker not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up ads blocker not working: can not control ads need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-ads-blocker-not-working/5746ec7d-fa8c-4e05-ac0d-4c4aea991f45
  4. Ad Blocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ad Blocker: I am using Firefox as my web browser and MSN as the home page. When I go online I get a message that my ad blocker is causing problems with the MSN page. I do not have any ad blocker installed. What is the solution to resolve this problem? David...
  5. Ad blocker in edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ad blocker in edge: how can I remove the ad blocker in Edge. I cannot search some sites I need to because I cannot turn off the ad blocker. I am considering changing browser so I can lose this feature...
  6. how to turn of ad blocker ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn of ad blocker ?: hello I have only just realised , but when I did the April 2018 update I selected to get rid of all ads . this is now affecting me as I download mods of the sims resource. but to do this it wants me to turn off the ad blocker . how do I do this ? thankyou...
  7. Exceptions to ad blocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exceptions to ad blocker: I do not have an add button on my ad allow and ad blocker section. How do you ad an exception to the allow ad if there is no add button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/exceptions-to-ad-blocker/af9e40a9-96e4-4687-b99e-d6d3a06840ac
  8. Pop up blocker for Chrome - Poper Blocker Re: Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Pop up blocker for Chrome - Poper Blocker Re: Firefox: I use this one (Pop up blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker) for Chrome with moderately good results. Kindly suggest recommendations for Firefox. [img] 115255
  9. Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?

in Browsers and Email
    Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?: So... Chrome just started crashing yesterday and apparently this is because of Ad Blocker. The "Aw, Snap!"-crash screen comes up on startup, and no matter what you try, you cannot get anything else than just that in your tabs. Opening a new tab - Aw, snap. Pressing read...
  10. A cleaner, safer web with Chrome Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    A cleaner, safer web with Chrome Cleanup: Unwanted software impacts the browsing experience of millions of web users every day. Effects of this harmful software are often quite subtle—search results are modified to redirect users to other pages or additional ads are injected in the pages that users visit. But in some...