Windows 10: No Clean-up System Files Option

Discus and support No Clean-up System Files Option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, I have replaced my laptop's C drive from HDD to SSD, as the HDD died. Installed the same Windows 10 Pro 1803 version. Before, when cleaning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex Berdnick, Nov 23, 2018.

1. No Clean-up System Files Option

Dear All,

I have replaced my laptop's C drive from HDD to SSD, as the HDD died. Installed the same Windows 10 Pro 1803 version. Before, when cleaning the C drive, after the list of available options of groups to erase, I had the button "Clean-up System Files". Now, there is nothing like that. Is there any way I can turn in on via Settings or Windows Register? Thank you in advance...

:)

Alex Berdnick, Nov 23, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

No Clean-up System Files Option

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

No Clean-up System Files Option

1. No Clean-up System Files Option - Similar Threads - Clean System Files

2. Duplicate 'File Clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate 'File Clean up: I am using Windows 11 on an HP laptop. I am looking for a software package that will look at the files on the system and on my cloud storage space One Drive and generate a list of duplicate files and their location. I would then take a look at the files to determine which...
  3. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  4. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  5. System Cleaning options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Cleaning options: Hello community, What's best tools for system cleaning up? Ways for keep system clean up always? What tools are you guys use for your daily use? CMD? is possible clean system buy it? Which is best free third party app? Any ideas? 173343
  6. Should I click on "Clean up system files" ? Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I click on "Clean up system files" ? Help!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/c5doakldzi061.png?width=376&format=png&auto=webp&s=fb38095598317043e233f5c94c2c292a374dc299 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy52dd/should_i_click_on_clean_up_system_files_help/
  7. Clean up my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean up my files: I am on Windows 10. After having reinitiated my computer, I used my Backup made with Windows 7 last month to reinstall my files. When I was asked to whether replace or keep the old file, I unfortunately answered keep the old file. I now have 25,000 photos in files in...
  8. Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening: My Windows 10 get recently updated with latest feature update. After this update, I can opendisk cleanup but if I click on Clean up system files then nothing happens. I have waited for a while say 10 minutes, but still nothing pops up....
  9. Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?: Hi, I am working with a Lenovo notebook with only a 30GB harddrive for the OS and I've done a Repair reinstall. Only there are now only 2.22GB free of the 30GBs and I need to install a copy of Microsoft Office. I've done this on other notebook laptops and was able to get...
  10. no "clean up version" option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no "clean up version" option: I am trying to utilize the back up file history and clearly I'm out of space. Just read some really good articles on how to make some changes to keep from running out of space for the back up in the future but I don't have the option to clean up older versions of backups....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore replaced files