Windows 10: No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse

Discus and support No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With home working I'm currently using a work machine at home as well as my own PC. I have the Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse which I am using on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wotsit_thing, Mar 28, 2021.

1. No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse

With home working I'm currently using a work machine at home as well as my own PC. I have the Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse which I am using on both devices.

When I want to switch form using them with one device to another there is no "Connect" button when selecting either the mouse or the keyboard in Settings > Bluetooth & other devices. All that shows is "Remove device". This means that I have to remove and re-pair the keyboard and mouse each time I switch?

Very frustrating, especially when using Microsoft hardware with Microsoft software.

:)

wotsit_thing, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Patson Go Win User

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Mar 28, 2021
  3. GerryKerr Win User
    Microsoft designer desktop keyboard/mouse connectivity issue

I have a Lenovo desktop PC (Corei7/16GB) - came with Windows 8 and I have recently done a fresh install of Windows 10. I recently bought a Microsoft designer desktop Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Its a beautifully designed keyboard/mouse kid and looks great
    into the bargain. Overall, its looks like a premium device at a premium price (and happy to pay that price)

The problem comes with Bluetooth. I have two Bluetooth radios - an AZUS and a Belkin - both v4.0 devices and I've tried both radios (obviously not simultaneously) to eliminate the Bluetooth radio as the source of the problem. I install a Bluetooth radio,
    it installs correctly with no errors and I bower up the designer keyboard and mouse, go to Bluetooth in settings and both devices show up as ready to pair. I pair both devices and the status on both devices changes to connected - so far so good!

As long as I am using the devices, everything is good - both work. When I leave the pc for an extended period, they both disconnect. If go back to the Bluetooth settings, the status on both devices show up as paired (not connected), If I hit the on/Bluetooth
    button on the bottom of the mouse, it re-connects. However, nothing I do with the keyboard will force it to re-connect other than removing the device and re-pairing the device again (extremely frustrating!). If I do a restart, the mouse and keyboard go back
    to being paired, but not connected.

So I have to keep an old wired keyboard around to login :-(

I'm running Windows enterprise, latest build and fully up to date in terms of drives and patches. I have read all of the extensive posts on various websites and have tried a lot of the suggestions, but nothing works. Logic suggests that its related to power
    management somehow, but, neither of my Bluetooth radios have a power management tab in device manager.

Any suggestions or where do I go next

Gerry

GerryKerr, Mar 28, 2021
  4. No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

I downloaded the Mouse and Keyboard Center but when it starts it says that it can not find any supported devices. If the Designer Keyboard and Mouse supported by the center? It does not show up in the list of supported devices.

Stephan

stephanstricker, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse

1. No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse - Similar Threads - Connect option Microsoft

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse not staying connected.: Hi there, I have a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse I can see that they are paired with the computer but they are not staying connected. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot connect Bluetooth Microsoft Design keyboard and mouse

Cannot connect Bluetooth Microsoft Design keyboard and mouse: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop, but when I try to connect it my computer is very new and the Bluetooth is 4 or newer - as the LMP is 8.4352.When I try to install the keyboard and mouse they turn up under Add a device, but when selecting it first...
  7. connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: The blue tooth adapter of my Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse broke down and now I try to connect both with another Bluetooth adapter but that does work. Should I use a specific dongle? I have tried to remove both devices from the list but that seems to be impossible....
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  9. Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse: Hello, I bought a wireless Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and a wireless Mouse to use them for my desktop PC which has a Windows10. But I am not sure how to set them up. I have successfully interfaced them with my Surface Pro 3. Do I need to buy a data reader ?...
  10. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...