Windows 10: No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10

Discus and support No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 and now i have issues with my laptop picking up my earphones aswell as sending a signal through the hdmi cable to a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarizelleOosthuizen, Apr 16, 2019.

1. No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now i have issues with my laptop picking up my earphones aswell as sending a signal through the hdmi cable to a second screen(doesnt even pick up a second screen) - i have tried different screens and hdmi cables aswell. I have tried updating my drivers, rolling back on an older windows version.

Is there anything else that i can do?

:)

MarizelleOosthuizen, Apr 16, 2019

2. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Apr 16, 2019
  3. ThundaBG Win User
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Apr 16, 2019
  4. No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10

VHS CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP WITH HDMI CABLE

* Merged *

Thank you for cheeking on my enquire, here the additional information required:

• SAMSUNG RF511 Laptop
    • Runs WINDOWS 10
    • LG Digital & Analog DVD recorder player combi
    • Connected with HDMI cable
    • I believe the laptop's HDMI port plays both ways (input/output)
    • The LG Device's HDMI Port is output only
    • Attempting to play and convert VHS videos, to be digitally archived in my laptop
    • What kind of program would allow me to perform this task
    Cheers

Javier

JAVIER CALVO Y PEREZ, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10

1. No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connection laptop HDMI

2. Laptop Freezes whenever connecting HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes whenever connecting HDMI: I have a Lenovo Yoga 6 with windows 11. Laptop runs fine, even with docking station connected. Once hdmi is connected to docking station it causes laptop to freeze, requiring a hard reset. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  3. Laptop Freezes whenever connecting HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Freezes whenever connecting HDMI: I have a Lenovo Yoga 6 with windows 11. Laptop runs fine, even with docking station connected. Once hdmi is connected to docking station it causes laptop to freeze, requiring a hard reset. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  4. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  5. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  6. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  7. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125
  8. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....
  9. Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC: I can connect a windows 7 laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable with no issues at all. When I use the same cable and TV with a windows 10 laptop it doesn't work. The windows 10 laptop is no more than two years old and had had all of the drivers updated. It is almost as though...
  10. Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI: My laptop won't connect to HDMI? My laptop yesterday was just fine. Was playing games on my telly. Turned off for the night, turned on today, and it won't work? It's like it's not even recognising it's being plugged in. I've got a Lenovo Y50-70. I've restarted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use hdmi cable from pc to tv