Windows 10: "No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi

Discus and support "No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, to be frank, no wifi networks show up when I try to connect to one. I've tried like a dozen different ways to try fix it, and none have worked.When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dysphoric cicada, Sep 11, 2021.

1. "No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi

So, to be frank, no wifi networks show up when I try to connect to one. I've tried like a dozen different ways to try fix it, and none have worked.When I try use the troubleshooter, it just tells me that the issue is that the ethernet cable isn't plugged in. Which is weird because I've never used an ethernet cable in this laptop. The wifi section of the settings doesn't show up either. It's like it's just been erased from the settings.I don't know why this is happening, or how to fix it. Any help would be super appreciated.

:)

dysphoric cicada, Sep 11, 2021
  2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 11, 2021
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 11, 2021
  4. "No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

"No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

"No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi

1. "No connections are available" when trying to connect to wifi - Similar Threads - connections are available

2. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi: I've been recently suffering from an issue where connecting to some routers causes a BSoD. It's either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. In both cases the source is ndis.sys.The issue was rather infrequent usually not at home, but after...
  3. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi: I've been recently suffering from an issue where connecting to some routers causes a BSoD. It's either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. In both cases the source is ndis.sys.The issue was rather infrequent usually not at home, but after...
  4. BSoD when trying to connect with WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wifi/not available: Over the weekend my computer suddenly lost connection to the WiFi. I've attempted every fix I've found on countless pages including resetting my network settings, forgetting connections, restarting router, multiple pc resets. Nothing works, I'm able to see connections 10% of...
  6. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi/not available: Over the weekend my computer suddenly lost connection to the WiFi. I've attempted every fix I've found on countless pages including resetting my network settings, forgetting connections, restarting router, multiple pc resets. Nothing works, I'm able to see connections 10% of...
  7. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but it seems like I cant get answers anywhere. Anyways, my pc has been getting internet issues for the past month now. I have accesible wifi on all devices in my house except for my pc. Every morning i boot up, i have to restart...
  9. Error: unable to connect to this network when trying to connect to WIFI

Error: unable to connect to this network when trying to connect to WIFI: I am trying to connect to my home internet from Windows 10. This is what is still happening: 1 I am going to put my password to log into my wifi, where it says "verify and connect", and then it tells me that my password is wrong which is not the case, since I have tried more...
  10. Error: Can't connect to this network, when trying to connect to WIFI

Error: Can't connect to this network, when trying to connect to WIFI: I am trying to connect to my home internet from Windows 10. Here’s what keeps happening: 1. I go to put in my password to log onto my wifi, in which it says “verifying and connecting”, and then telling me that my password is incorrect which it isn’t, since ive tried this...