Windows 10: No context menu on desktop icons

Discus and support No context menu on desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my Win 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Professional (32-bit). Minor problems, as usual, when a new system is installed, but a specific one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dejudicibus, Aug 14, 2015.

1. No context menu on desktop icons

I just upgraded my Win 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Professional (32-bit). Minor problems, as usual, when a new system is installed, but a specific one is getting me crazy. When I click on any desktop icon, I do NOT get the traditional context menu, but the whole screen turns to a uniform background (theme color) and then, after half a second, go back to the usual desktop layout. This is really annoying. For example, I cannot empty the trash. Any idea?

:)

dejudicibus, Aug 14, 2015
  2. glivr6 Win User

Right-click Context Menu noshowing on desktop, Insider Build 10547 and Cortana not working either.

shift + f10 not working for me either on desktop in 10547

Cant unhide icons or get any context menu on desktop at all.

glivr6, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Cannot right click on my Desktop. Icons Missing.

Click on your desktop. Then press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the context menu on your desktop. Turn "Show desktop icons" back on for now.

This is a known bug in 10547. You'll want to keep "Show desktop icons" on in this build.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

No context menu on desktop icons

1. No context menu on desktop icons - Similar Threads - context menu desktop

2. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  3. Edge-icon missing in context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge-icon missing in context menu: Some time ago I suddenly noticed my Edge-icon missing in the contextmenu , now Im in latest Win10 and its still not fixed . Its showing a white field and no Edge-icon , it does open the pdf-file in all the three options , in Edge it opens also . HOW (?) to get this Edge (...
  4. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  5. Cascade Windows Desktop Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascade Windows Desktop Context Menu: The "Cascade Windows" item in the taskbar context menu, is there a way to put that in the desktop background context menu? 129006
  6. Context menu on the desktop

Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  7. Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu

Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu: hi, *Smile I would like to Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu i've tried but have no luck. Thank you! [img] 111517
  8. Icons for context menu

Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  9. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  10. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu): For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems. Just copy those...