Windows 10: No "Continue Button" for External Storage

Discus and support No "Continue Button" for External Storage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with little storage, so I attached a 1 TB external hard drive for Windows Updates. In "Windows Needs More Space" it accepts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NorthDay, Nov 9, 2018.

1. NorthDay Win User

No "Continue Button" for External Storage

I have a laptop with little storage, so I attached a 1 TB external hard drive for Windows Updates. In "Windows Needs More Space" it accepts the external storage, but I never get a Continue button. I have restarted the computer multiple times, but don't know what to do. Image attached. Thanks.

No "Continue Button" for External Storage 7110c0c7-17ff-49e7-97d7-f85663abb49a?upload=true.jpg

:)

NorthDay, Nov 9, 2018
  2. TyTnUser Win User

Asus UX410U, Cannot update to Windows 10 1803. External Storage detected but there is no "Continue Button"

Asus UX410U, Cannot update to Windows 10 1803. More storage space requried. I selected External Storage detected but there is no "Continue Button".

I have tried selecting my D: Partition which has almost 1TB of free space as well as my 64gb USB Drive (tried both exFAT and NTFS). Either way, there is no continue button. The area which SHOULD have a continue button is completely blank/empty. I actually
    did not even know there was supposed to be a continue button until I googled it because nothing ever came up for me in the 3 months windows has been bugging me to unsuccessfully update.

I have tried cleaning up storage space on C: but I cannot delete enough things.

What do I do?

TyTnUser, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Windows update not enough storage "use external storage." failure.

Windows update not enough storage "use external storage." After selecting the drive from drop menu, refresh buttons do not work. There is no "continue" button.

MichaelPride1, Nov 9, 2018
  4. No "Continue Button" for External Storage

External drive

You've mentioned that you were able to try some of the troubleshooting steps that was provided by a Microsoft online agent, we'd like to know if you were able to roll back the said driver as well. If not, kindly follow the steps listed below and check if
    it helps to resolve the issue:

• Press Windows Key + X then select Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate the external driver and right-click to open the Properties option.
    • Go to the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver button. Click
      OK.

Note: The Roll Back Driver button is only available if a previous version of the driver was installed. If the current driver for the device is the only one that was ever installed on this computer, then the Roll Back Driver button is not enabled.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

No "Continue Button" for External Storage

1. No "Continue Button" for External Storage - Similar Threads - Continue Button External

2. external storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  3. external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  4. external storage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Continue/Yes button not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Continue/Yes button not appearing: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to do something that requires administrator access or similar things, the button to click continue doesn't appear. I've looked online and haven't found any methods to fix it that have worked. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  6. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  7. EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT OPENING: I got this message after connecting an external hard disk to my PC. Initially, I got missing drivers message after troubleshooting and the system got a driver update done after restarting but now getting this error.Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0711\000000123AD0 had a problem...
  8. Can't continuously press buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't continuously press buttons: I have an hp pavilion gaming laptop. Yesterday, when I went to play a game I tried to continuously press w to go forward from a usb keyboard but it would just go A little bit forward and stop. Can you please help?...
  9. Continuous IO activity on external USB storage devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continuous IO activity on external USB storage devices: Since the update to Windows 2004, all the USB external storage devices connected to my Gigabyte Z170x-UD5 TH machine seems to be in use constantly, ie the activity LED is blinking although there is no IO coming from the host. We can see that the Host Read Commands in the...
  10. Scanning External Storage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning External Storage: How do I scan a flash drive for viruses? Or any external storage device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scanning-external-storage/8fd8c5f9-5e26-4cad-9daa-f1dc88318022