Windows 10: no control of character inputs

Discus and support no control of character inputs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My problem is that the number 2 keeps randomly being entered without being typed. I have done a system restore, a windows re-install, used different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by quadsimojo, Jun 20, 2019.

1. no control of character inputs

My problem is that the number 2 keeps randomly being entered without being typed. I have done a system restore, a windows re-install, used different keyboards, and disconnected the keyboard, all to no avail. I'm using only the On-screen keyboard in typing this and the problem is still occurring so it can't be the keyboard hardware. Is there any known malware or virus that has been known to cause this?

:)

quadsimojo, Jun 20, 2019
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Jun 20, 2019
  3. James Bag Win User
    korean character input.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Microsoft Community.

Adding an input language enables you to set a language-preference order for websites and applications, as well as change your keyboard language. Please follow these steps for adding language:

• Select the Start Button, then Settings > Time & language > Region & language.
    • Select Add a language.
    • Select the language you want to use from the list. Your download will begin immediately.
    • Note: To switch the input language you're using in Windows 10, select the language abbreviation at the far right of your taskbar and then select the language or input method you want to use. You can also press and hold the
      Windows logo key Windows logo Start button and then repeatedly press the
      Spacebar to cycle through all your languages.

Let us know if there is anything else we could help you with.

James Bag, Jun 20, 2019
  4. no control of character inputs

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

no control of character inputs

1. no control of character inputs - Similar Threads - control character inputs

2. Controll Input Problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controll Input Problem?: Recently, I bought a game for the PS2 and inserted to an emulator while also having an adapter plug for a PS2 controller. When I first played it, it worked fine. The controller had no responsive issues and I assumed it will be for the next time I use it. When I decided to use...
  3. Controll Input Problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controll Input Problem?: Recently, I bought a game for the PS2 and inserted to an emulator while also having an adapter plug for a PS2 controller. When I first played it, it worked fine. The controller had no responsive issues and I assumed it will be for the next time I use it. When I decided to use...
  4. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  5. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  6. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Controller input delay

Controller input delay: iv been having ton of controller while playing games and i just want to know how to fix it. please help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-input-delay/faa1ffe4-033f-4f68-aa73-c64add497d18
  8. Windows not taking certain character inputs

Windows not taking certain character inputs: My windows keyboard is not taking certain inputs even in the on screen keyboard certain inputs are not taken. My password contains those characters so i i not able to login. Please help...
  9. Foreign language character input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...
  10. Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Writing Pad missing controls, character editing, Input button, Setting: The Writing Pad on my Windows 10 Tablet PC is missing several buttons and controls, as you can see here: [img] I don't know what's wrong -- *Confused -- but this is bad! Apart from being an ugly black/dark grey pad, all of the elements necessary to use it effectively...