Windows 10: No control of Win10?

Discus and support No control of Win10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive come to the realization that in these last few years... windows has become increasingly difficult to control. Ive relatively recently found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyHarris5, May 20, 2020.

1. No control of Win10?

Ive come to the realization that in these last few years... windows has become increasingly difficult to control. Ive relatively recently found that with Win10 in particular, i literally have zero control of what my system does.

Do you want to turn off updates? Too bad! You can “choose” an off peak time thi and force us to have a 6 houe window to install, only to not fully install and still toy with your system when you need to. And then restart and finish updating to only half the time fail the update and restart again.

Do you want explicit control of what your virus protection does? Too bad! We’ll “give” you some options to make it look like the built in windows virus shield you have some semblance of saying when it can run, but then were going to install McAfee and refuse to let the system relinquish control to you so you can uninstall it and maybe use something that you would prefer!

Seriously MS whats up with this? I used to keep a tight grip on what i could and could not run on my system and always knew when something was off because “I” was the one that put the programs in there. Now i have to HOPE that whats running is legit, and pray i dont bust something when i turn it off, unless its McAfee where it gives you a middle finger and turns back on anyways. Which also leads into my system constantly being bogged down by services that it thinks it needs to perform!

Sincerely,

P.O.’d old gen pc tech.

:)

TonyHarris5, May 20, 2020
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, May 20, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 20, 2020
  4. angus Win User

No control of Win10?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 20, 2020
Thema:

No control of Win10?

1. No control of Win10? - Similar Threads - control Win10

2. Xbox One Controller doesnt work with Win10 via USB and the windows keeps replaying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller doesnt work with Win10 via USB and the windows keeps replaying...: I just bought an Xbox One Controller and i cant do nothing with it.. I tried every possible solution that are findable on the internet and non of the are working...So its connected to my PC via USB cable becouse i dont have wireless adapter and bluetooth. So its appears on...
  3. Xbox One Controller doesnt work with Win10 via USB and the windows keeps replaying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One Controller doesnt work with Win10 via USB and the windows keeps replaying...: I just bought an Xbox One Controller and i cant do nothing with it.. I tried every possible solution that are findable on the internet and non of the are working...So its connected to my PC via USB cable becouse i dont have wireless adapter and bluetooth. So its appears on...
  4. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  5. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  6. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Win10 - Map Doesn't load and Map Controls aren't functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - Map Doesn't load and Map Controls aren't functional: Ok, got a weird one which I just can't seem to find the issue / any specific error getting thrown. Any help is appreciated.Windows 10 desktop 64 bit patched to current. Major browsers, FF, Chrome, Edge patched to current. Runs McAfee firewall and antivirus. My town uses an...
  8. Win10 - Map Doesn't load and Map Controls aren't functional

Win10 - Map Doesn't load and Map Controls aren't functional: Ok, got a weird one which I just can't seem to find the issue / any specific error getting thrown. Any help is appreciated.Windows 10 desktop 64 bit patched to current. Major browsers, FF, Chrome, Edge patched to current. Runs McAfee firewall and antivirus. My town uses an...
  9. Win10 - Map Doesn't load and Map Controls aren't functional

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Win10 EDGE does not SAVE new Settings--is CONTROLLED FOLDERS the problem???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 EDGE does not SAVE new Settings--is CONTROLLED FOLDERS the problem???: QUESTION:To implement a SAVE of changes to its Settings, does EDGE initiate: 1 AStorDataMgrSVS.exeto to write to "Memory" [controlled folders]? 2 Ditto for SVCHOST.exe?...