Windows 10: No cortana music tab

Discus and support No cortana music tab in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect cortana to spotify however, there isn't any music tab to do so. Even when I ask her "hey cortana, play 50's rock and roll" she... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by itsmfdoom, Jan 2, 2019.

1. itsmfdoom Win User

No cortana music tab

I'm trying to connect cortana to spotify however, there isn't any music tab to do so. Even when I ask her "hey cortana, play 50's rock and roll" she tells me that she works better with spotify and to enable it under the music tab however, she will start it with iheartradio (which does work).

Attached are the screenshots.

My county and region are United States of America, AZ

I Have an Alienware 15 R3 Laptop

No cortana music tab a4d9d681-8f8a-4c40-bdf7-54d478358939?upload=true.png No cortana music tab b9c5f9e2-5cfd-4d60-b8b5-587f7b55b821?upload=true.png No cortana music tab fc13af5f-3bec-4d7d-8140-e3b81b1bd942?upload=true.png

:)

itsmfdoom, Jan 2, 2019
  2. DNOB Win User

cortana notebook missing music tab

Hi, my Cortana note book is missing the music tab / option. How do I install this? thx

DNOB, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Cortana won't play local music

Hi Joseph,

Cortana plays musics that are located in a folder where Groove is set to look for music. You can add more folders to it by following this steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Under Albums, click Choose where we look for music.
    • Click + to add a folder.
    • Browse for the folder that you wanted and click Add this folder to Music
      and Cortana will now play musics on the folder.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

No cortana music tab

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

No cortana music tab

1. No cortana music tab - Similar Threads - cortana music tab

2. cortana can't play music

in Cortana
    cortana can't play music: when I asked her to play music she said sorry but for the time being I am not equipped to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-play-music/2e62d213-cd25-4802-9552-9c9e6805806b
  3. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  4. Cortana cant control music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana cant control music: [ATTACH] So, a couple of months ago Microsoft updates windows and cortana, i havent used cortana in a while and now when im trying to play music she says she cant do that Some people told me to connect her with spotify in the notebook but the notebook icon is missing....
  5. Cortana can't control music.

in Cortana
    Cortana can't control music.: I am using the latest version of Windows which is Windows 10 2004. Cortana is updated to the latest version When i give command to cortana "Play any song" Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't control your music here." Please anyone help me with this.[ATTACH]...
  6. Amazon Music on Cortana Device with other Music apps?

in Cortana
    Amazon Music on Cortana Device with other Music apps?: Greetings All, Not in settings however, that is how I got to where I'm at. It started in I guess you could say still is in Settings. Using my HP Windows 10 Laptop, I went to Settings > Cortana > Permissions > IN BLUE TEXT: Change what Cortana knows about me in the cloud >...
  7. Cortana Music

in Cortana
    Cortana Music: Hey all, How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking. I do NOT want to use Iheart radio, spotify or any of that nonsense. Just play what I already have, whether its with groove, media player,...
  8. Cortana Music

in Cortana
    Cortana Music: Hey all, How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking. I do NOT want to use Iheart radio, spotify or any of that nonsense. Just play what I already have, whether its with groove, media player,...
  9. cortana notebook missing music tab

in Cortana
    cortana notebook missing music tab: Hi, my Cortana note book is missing the music tab / option. How do I install this? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-notebook-missing-music-tab/eef40b0a-d521-47c3-904b-c42bafda439e"
  10. Cortana Notebook Music Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Notebook Music Missing: Hi, On all my machines the Cortana notebook doesn't have a Music option like I keep seeing in screenshots, there's other things I see in screenshots which I don't see in Cortana like daily routine, I don't know if it's just how it behaves when it's comain joined, I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get cortana to play music on groove

2. cortana enable music tab