Windows 10: No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums

Discus and support No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just got a new desktop, windows 10 pro v. 1909 pre installed. Tried to create video as usual from the photo app and there is no option to do so. Seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LetoJones, Feb 9, 2020.

1. LetoJones Win User

No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums

Just got a new desktop, windows 10 pro v. 1909 pre installed. Tried to create video as usual from the photo app and there is no option to do so.

Seen one answer here about windows N, that's not the version I have, likewise even if I select the photo I want to use and the add to button the only option it gives is add to album.

Time senstive on the video front, any help much appreciated.

:)

LetoJones, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Feb 9, 2020
  3. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2020
  4. No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums

How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums

1. No create button in photos app - no option to make videos just albums - Similar Threads - create button photos

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.: The photos app crashes when trying to open a created album. I have tried reset and repair. I wanted to also try reinstalling the app but the uninstall button does not do anything when clicked on....
  4. photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.

photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.: The photos app crashes when trying to open a created album. I have tried reset and repair. I wanted to also try reinstalling the app but the uninstall button does not do anything when clicked on....
  5. Create Video in Photos App

Create Video in Photos App: When creating a Video in the Photos App, a file in the Pictures folder was created call Video Projects. It was easy for me to delete these files when disk space use became excessive. I recently installed the newest release of Windows 10 and the Video Projects folder is not...
  6. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album: Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any...
  7. Can Photos stop making video previews of my albums?

Can Photos stop making video previews of my albums?: When I want look at photos in an album I don't want a video preview with annoying music, can I turn them off permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-photos-stop-making-video-previews-of-my-albums/8d8649ee-d3a9-420d-bc44-c8827cb0b28f
  8. No option to create videos in the Photos app November 2019

No option to create videos in the Photos app November 2019: I just got a shiny new laptop, but my beloved app "Movie creator" was of course discontinued. Looking around I was reassured that the Photos app will serve the purpose just as well. Only... when I start the Photos app, there is no button or icon that will let me record or...
  9. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...