Windows 10: No cursor during windows 10 installation

Discus and support No cursor during windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using MediaCreationTool I made a bootable USB with the windows 10 from my computer to install it in my new Lenovo g50-30. When I get to the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pikaciu, Sep 19, 2016.

1. pikaciu Win User

No cursor during windows 10 installation

Using MediaCreationTool I made a bootable USB with the windows 10 from my computer to install it in my new Lenovo g50-30.

When I get to the setup (where i would select the language to install and so on) I have no mouse cursor and the keyboard doesn't work either.

I spent a few hours googling solutions but found nothing.

:)

pikaciu, Sep 19, 2016

2. Blank Screen with cursor during installation, Computer is now useless

Never-mind. Problem Solved. After the blank screen appeared, I waited an additional 45 minutes before doing anything to allow the Windows 10 to finish loading, just in case it was still in progress.

Then I tried addressing to the blank screen. Nothing seemed to work. In frustration I tried rebooting several times in succession. The windows recovery screen appeared. The message indicated that Windows 10 was having trouble starting.
    I had been using an older display monitor from 2008 (1650x1050) At this point I tried using a newer Full HD display monitor and reset the computer. Fortunately, Windows 10 was then able to start.

Thanks.

Vince747RM, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Blank Screen with cursor during installation, Computer is now useless

Problem solved.

Again, thanks for the help.

Vince747RM, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

What I've seen with that issue is that USB devices are being used and are plugged into USB 3.0 ports. I have moved them to USB 2.0 ports and they worked. The issue usually is the BIOS supports USB 2.0 devices but requires the Operating System to be loaded to install drivers for USB 3.0. The same can happen with older USB Printers, don't like the USB 3.0 ports. Last one I had to deal with would print half of a page then lose communication with the computer, had no problems with USB 2.0 ports.

Berton, Sep 19, 2016
  5. IJE
    IJE Win User
    I too saw no cursor when attemting to move forward from the initial screen. But I found that by plugging in a USB Mouse that the cursor then appeared. Windows Update does not seem to recognise the touchpad as a pointing device.

Thema:

1. No cursor during windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - cursor during installation

2. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.: So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't...
  3. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.: So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't...
  4. Stuck during installation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck during installation Windows 10: Hey i was installing windows 10 on imac with boot camp assistant when suddently the usb stick disconnected and now im stuck at a message saying "plug pack usb and press any key" so i did that but nothing is happening i tried putting it off power and back on but it gives me...
  5. Crashes during Windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashes during Windows 10 install.: Hello, I have a two year old laptop Asus FX504GE that has been having issues with the latest not sure which one Windows 10 update for the last few months. It would install the update, crash and then roll back the update. Everything was working fine once the update was rolled...
  6. Windows 10 Blackscreen during install

Windows 10 Blackscreen during install: Hello, earlier today i upgraded some parts in my pc, bought a new gpu, new hdd and I decided to upgrade my fake windows 7 to windows 10. when i had all the new parts working I started the installation of windows 10. I made sure it started fine and then left my computer for...
  7. No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall

No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall: I did a reset of my PC and I cant complete or even begin the setup process since there is no visible cursor on the screen and no keyboard input is recognized. It isn’t a issue with my mouse/keyboard since they both work with other devices. It isn’t an issue with the usb...
  8. No cursor, windows 10 installations

No cursor, windows 10 installations: my cursor doesnt seem to appear on the Windows 10 setup page and because of that im not able to complete the installation.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cursor-windows-10-installations/7f3dedad-f647-43b3-8c31-797d6355790b
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor: Specs: Intel 2600k Asus Maximus V Extreme Nvidia GeForce GTX 590(1 GPU disabled) Samsung Evo 840 250 GB(19 GB space left before installing, however the setup said everything was fine) 2 Western Digital Blues 500 GB I've been looking at the forums here looking at the...
  10. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.: Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this. So during my windows 10 installation,...