Windows 10: No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

Discus and support No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with all games on my pc. I used to play games on it, then stopped for a few years and now I'm trying to use it for games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicoleLTK, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:03 AM.

1. NicoleLTK Win User

No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

I've been having an issue with all games on my pc. I used to play games on it, then stopped for a few years and now I'm trying to use it for games again but I'm having a HUGE issue with the mouse.

Any game that loads in full screen does not have a mouse cursor. The mouse DOES work though. I can interact with buttons on the screen.

When I change to window mode or full screen window mode, the mouse returns, but the game immediately crashes.

I have turned off mouse trails and shadows.

I have updated graphics drivers.

The scaling on my display is set to the default (100%).

I have tried compatibility mode.

I have tried a variety of DPI settings.

I've tried everything I can possibly find from self troubleshooting. I've seen many posts in many different forms but none of the solutions work.

Please help!

Thanks!

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Keeping mouse cursor inside a Windowed game?

I'm wondering if there is any method to keeping the mouse cursor within a windowed game, lets take Starcraft 2 for example. I only have one screen and like to play games in windowed mode so I can watch shows/movies right next to it. In a game like SC2, moving the mouse to the border of the screen to move the camera is troublesome in windowed mode. It'd probably make more sense to post this on the SC2 forum, but I can't because my forum account was banned (Inappropriate name if you're curious). So might anyone have any ideas?

4. No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi,

Some games may crash when you play them in full screen mode if the display settings are not set up correctly. To resolve your concern, you may perform the following solutions on your computer:

Solution 1. Set the display scaling to 100%.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Go to System and select Display.
    • Under Scale and layout, make sure that you change the scale under Change the size of text, apps, and other items to
      100%.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.

Solution 2. Change the Nvidia Control Panel settings.

• Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
    • Go to Manage 3D settings and select Global settings.
    • Change Preferred graphics processor from Auto-select
      to high Performance Nvidia processor.
    • Save the changes and try running the games in full screen mode again.

Solution 3. Disable or turn off the Game bar.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Go to Gaming and toggle off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.
    • Uncheck Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Thema:

No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

1. No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode - Similar Threads - cursor full screen

2. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...
  3. Black screen appears while launching games in full screen mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen appears while launching games in full screen mode in windows 10: Hey, This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode and works perfectly but when I switch to full screen mode (alt+enter). The screen turns entirely black and the audio is...
  4. No audio in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio in full screen mode: Intel NUC I5-4250 connected to a Samsung TV with a HDMI cable Intel HD Graphics 5000 with latest drivers installed SAMSUNG Intel Display Audio Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.471 Google Chrome 71.0.3578.98 Since the last Windows update, as soon as I watch a video (from...
  5. Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode: I run Windows 10 Pro v1607 (Build 14393.1884). When I leave my PC idle for more than 15 minutes, a factory-set screen saver engages and displays a slide show of all the Wallpaper images in my Pictures folder. However, periodically it displays multiple images in tiled...
  6. Games crashing after switching to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after switching to full screen: When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution in windows as in game. I run windows at 1920x1080 which is my resolution of monitor but it gets fixed if I change to 1280x768...
  7. Problems with full screen games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with full screen games!: My son has a PC & whenever he plays full screen games. A noise comes from his tower like a high pitched static noise & flickering lines appear on the screen. As soon as he minimises the game, it stops. He has a Q9300 CPU, 4gig DDR3 & a HD6770 GPU. Any suggestions to...
  8. YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode: After trying some things (that didn't work) that seemed like they would work I decided to ask for help. I have two monitors, a large 1080p one which is plugged into my graphics card and a smaller 4:3 VGA monitor for secondary tasks that's plugged into my motherboard. Although...
  9. Nvidia Games tearing heavily in full screen but not in window mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Games tearing heavily in full screen but not in window mode: I have lately had few major windows updates on my laptop that is dual graphics and have a gtx 1050 ti card then I realized that all games I have started tearing heavily , so i started playing with Nvidia drivers switching between them back and forth but nothing , then by...
  10. Full Screen Mode Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Full Screen Mode Question ?: Hi, Just can't seem to find the right key for this. Have a few programs that open up in the Full-Screen mode. What do I press to go back to the "normal" screen size, please ? Thanks, B. 47144