Windows 10: No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

Discus and support No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with all games on my pc. I used to play games on it, then stopped for a few years and now I'm trying to use it for games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicoleLTK, Jun 13, 2019.

1. NicoleLTK Win User

No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

I've been having an issue with all games on my pc. I used to play games on it, then stopped for a few years and now I'm trying to use it for games again but I'm having a HUGE issue with the mouse.

Any game that loads in full screen does not have a mouse cursor. The mouse DOES work though. I can interact with buttons on the screen.

When I change to window mode or full screen window mode, the mouse returns, but the game immediately crashes.

I have turned off mouse trails and shadows.

I have updated graphics drivers.

The scaling on my display is set to the default (100%).

I have tried compatibility mode.

I have tried a variety of DPI settings.

I've tried everything I can possibly find from self troubleshooting. I've seen many posts in many different forms but none of the solutions work.

Please help!

Thanks!

:)

NicoleLTK, Jun 13, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 13, 2019
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Keeping mouse cursor inside a Windowed game?

I'm wondering if there is any method to keeping the mouse cursor within a windowed game, lets take Starcraft 2 for example. I only have one screen and like to play games in windowed mode so I can watch shows/movies right next to it. In a game like SC2, moving the mouse to the border of the screen to move the camera is troublesome in windowed mode. It'd probably make more sense to post this on the SC2 forum, but I can't because my forum account was banned (Inappropriate name if you're curious). So might anyone have any ideas?

OrbitzXT, Jun 13, 2019
  4. No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi,

Some games may crash when you play them in full screen mode if the display settings are not set up correctly. To resolve your concern, you may perform the following solutions on your computer:

Solution 1. Set the display scaling to 100%.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Go to System and select Display.
    • Under Scale and layout, make sure that you change the scale under Change the size of text, apps, and other items to
      100%.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.

Solution 2. Change the Nvidia Control Panel settings.

• Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
    • Go to Manage 3D settings and select Global settings.
    • Change Preferred graphics processor from Auto-select
      to high Performance Nvidia processor.
    • Save the changes and try running the games in full screen mode again.

Solution 3. Disable or turn off the Game bar.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Go to Gaming and toggle off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.
    • Uncheck Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

1. No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode - Similar Threads - cursor full screen

2. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My full screen games and applications crash: When games run, or some applications, in full screen, after 2-30 minutes either the games or the whole pc crashes. Just a pitch black screen and restarts. This started to occur after I put my cpu or powersupply inside.Specs:Cpu - amd a8 6600kGpu - r9 390x MSI with 6gb...
  3. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My full screen games and applications crash: When games run, or some applications, in full screen, after 2-30 minutes either the games or the whole pc crashes. Just a pitch black screen and restarts. This started to occur after I put my cpu or powersupply inside.Specs:Cpu - amd a8 6600kGpu - r9 390x MSI with 6gb...
  4. Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10: Hello, i have had this problem since yesterday, i was playing a game normally where i needed to use cursor to do certain things, when i finished the session of playing the game, i closed the computer and went away.Later when i planned on playing the same game again, it...
  5. Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10: Hello, i have had this problem since yesterday, i was playing a game normally where i needed to use cursor to do certain things, when i finished the session of playing the game, i closed the computer and went away.Later when i planned on playing the same game again, it...
  6. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  7. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed: I getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when i try to change my game to full screen it crashed. My graphic Driver also crashed. I have tried to reinstall window, graphic driver, my game it still same. Uploaded minidump and system information as below:...
  9. Mouse cursor disappearing in full screen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappearing in full screen games: I have an old Logitech G5 gaming mouse and an Anker wireless vertical mouse. I prefer playing games with the Logitech mouse because it is much easier to do movements in shooters with the Logitech mouse. A problem that I have been having, however, is that my mouse cursor...
  10. Games crashing after switching to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after switching to full screen: When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution in windows as in game. I run windows at 1920x1080 which is my resolution of monitor but it gets fixed if I change to 1280x768...