Windows 10: No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall

Discus and support No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a reset of my PC and I cant complete or even begin the setup process since there is no visible cursor on the screen and no keyboard input is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigRylance, Jul 5, 2019.

1. No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall

I did a reset of my PC and I cant complete or even begin the setup process since there is no visible cursor on the screen and no keyboard input is recognized.

It isn’t a issue with my mouse/keyboard since they both work with other devices. It isn’t an issue with the usb ports since my keyboard input works while in the BIOS. I’ve restarted multiple times and tried other keyboards and mice but nothing works.

Im stuck on the language selection screen since it is impossible for me to move forward.

Help?

:)

CraigRylance, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 5, 2019
  4. No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall

1. No cursor/keyboard input during windows reinstall - Similar Threads - cursor keyboard input

2. black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...: Yesterday I formatted my pc and when windows 10 was reinstalling, cursor with black screen appeared and didn't go away. I clicked "ctrl+alt+del" to restart my pc and when it turned on "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" screen came. Every time I enter my...
  3. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  6. No cursor or keyboard

No cursor or keyboard: I am running windows 10 32 bit on a PC . All USB connections now dont work, which means iI have no curser or keyboard. Can I download a repair file and program the bios to run this from a cd. Any ideas are welcome....
  7. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  8. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...
  9. Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start

Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start: Has anyone had trouble with keyboard input lag when the computer starts? I've tried typing in Chrome and Sticky Notes right after the computer logs in and there is heavy lag between keystroke and the character being displayed. This problem only exists the first 10-20 seconds...
  10. No cursor during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No cursor during windows 10 installation: Using MediaCreationTool I made a bootable USB with the windows 10 from my computer to install it in my new Lenovo g50-30. When I get to the setup (where i would select the language to install and so on) I have no mouse cursor and the keyboard doesn't work either. I...