Windows 10: No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

Discus and support No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewPSSP, Apr 3, 2020.

1. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

Hi,

I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom theme" button which, when pressed, seems to swap me in and out of one of the High Contrast themes. Is there any way I can get the Save theme button back please?

Many thanks,

Andrew

:)

AndrewPSSP, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Julie Ram Win User

creating custom themes

Hi Rosaliy,

The paint itself is a great tool for creating and editing bitmap images, however, it cannot create a Windows theme- at least not alone by itself. Sure, you can set different color themes and images to the already existing choices. What end-users can do however
    is modify the pre-loaded themes, changing the color themes, the background image and the sound that you want to go with the themes. To learn more about the Windows themes, and how to customize them, we recommend this article written by one of our Microsoft
    Valuable Professional, Andre Da Costa, kindly click here.

Should you need further assistance, just let us know.

Julie Ram, Apr 3, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Customizing Themes

Yes you can create your own themes if that is what you are asking.

We do this at our office for our corp image. Create a theme and desktop image then capture that image and reuse it.

See link on step by step on how to do this.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-custom-th...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Apr 3, 2020
  4. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

Personalize the theme

Hi AbirHasan5010,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

To do what you want to, you need to follow this steps:

1. Press Windows + i

2. Click on "Customization"

3. Click on "Themes"

4. Click on the them you want to modify

5. Click on "Use customized theme"

6. Click on "Background" and select the image you want

7. Click on "Themes"

8. Click on "Save Theme"

StefanoTamiotti, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

1. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present - Similar Threads - custom theme created

2. Missing 'save' button in personalisation - themes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing 'save' button in personalisation - themes: Hi everyone, it's a pretty simple error, I want to be able to save a custom theme, but the save button is just missing compared to screenshots I've seen on the internet. My sounds seems to default to 'default' too, which is annoying, and I can't save!Any suggestions?...
  3. Missing 'save' button in personalisation - themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing 'save' button in personalisation - themes: Hi everyone, it's a pretty simple error, I want to be able to save a custom theme, but the save button is just missing compared to screenshots I've seen on the internet. My sounds seems to default to 'default' too, which is annoying, and I can't save!Any suggestions?...
  4. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  5. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  6. A problem with customized theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A problem with customized theme: Hi guys Days ago my laptop ran out of battery and went to hibernate and I turned it on again without recharged it ,After a less than 5 minutes suddenly it shutdown itself and when I turned it on after I recharged it stuck on login screen, every times I enter my password it...
  7. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  8. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...
  9. Creating Theme

Creating Theme: How do I create my own theme for my desktop with my own pictures and color choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/creating-theme/64dfaba7-755f-4757-8e45-34dbdf7e3ede
  10. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...