Windows 10: No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?

Discus and support No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lousifa, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Lousifa Win User

No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?

The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled.

I had these options available to me last week until windows 10 updated.

I have tried everything, Factory reset, Update drivers, re-install windows 10, Rollback feature is grayed out in device manager, drivers are up to date, detect monitor is grayed out.

I am trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop through HMDI (I have been using this monitor for 6 months until windows recently updated)

Now when the monitor is connected to the laptop the monitor displays (No Video Signal)

I have tried different cords, and different monitors.

My display settings now looks like this instead of what it originally looked like before

No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed? 3191232e-e62f-4d73-b421-4f9a205bc141?upload=true.png

I have been told that windows has disabled the double monitor feature for some laptops or that the settings to change or add dual monitors or mirror is now displayed somewhere else?

Is there away for me to connect my monitor using HDMI or am I out of luck?

No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed? f089a1a4-c37f-4303-b1fd-7128385725d6?upload=true.png

I am using a Sony Vaio

Product: SVT131190X

:)

Lousifa, Sep 16, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 16, 2018
  3. client32 Win User
    Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Sep 16, 2018
  4. No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?

1. No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed? - Similar Threads - Customizing Display Preview

2. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  3. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  4. REMOVING PERSONALIZED SETTINGS FOR WEB CUSTOMIZATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REMOVING PERSONALIZED SETTINGS FOR WEB CUSTOMIZATION: Fat-app Teamsfat as it uses loads of ram made my pc go haywire, so I closed it using the power button, when I boot it next time after unlocking it, I found a white box on black screen which reads out "Removing Personalized Settings for Web Customization", I am trying to...
  5. Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% FIX CUSTOM DISPLAY SET TO 500%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% FIX CUSTOM DISPLAY SET TO 500%: Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% I'm just wanted to share some useful way to fix this kind of problem and also ask support to my channel I created a useful video to give step by step solution to this and I thank you here is the link click here...
  6. Display; customization

Display; customization: When one has grandkids, computer settings occasionally get changed. Is there any way to reset all parameters regarding fonts, colors, background, etc., back to the original installation default settings? It's hard to write/work with purple background and green fonts that...
  7. Customize display setting

Customize display setting: In display settings there's supposed to be a way to change the displays for different monitors but that has now disappeared and now my laptop won't connect with my monitor anymore. I have already tried going into the device controls and playing with the graphic card so what...
  8. Customizing Display Preview

Customizing Display Preview: The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled. I had these options available to me last week until windows 10 updated. I have tried everything, Factory reset, Update drivers,...
  9. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...
  10. customize display?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    customize display?: i usually set my display @ 110 on windows 10 ,its either 100 or 125 i will not let me chose 110. it goes 25 increments only. any ideas? thanks 22107