Windows 10: No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

Discus and support No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TJR-RLR, Jan 18, 2022.

1. TJR-RLR Win User

No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough room need 18+ GB. I've cleaned everything I can but can't quite get there. Because there is no D drive, and I can't rename E to D as it doesn't show as an option in the drop-down menu. Any ideas on how to expand C, and add or recover D, if possible, would be grea

:)

TJR-RLR, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

1. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D - Similar Threads - drive can't expand

2. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  3. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  4. How to rename in D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename in D drive?: It shows an error message when I rename D-drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-in-d-drive/7631a86b-2591-4c9b-9c7b-f8277a89147f
  5. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  6. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  7. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.

Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.: While looking in my system files, I saw that my storage space was low, I went to disk management and took some Unallocated space out of my D drive Unused While I was trying to merge them, I realized that the button was only able to fill the D drive, My C drive was the OS one,...
  9. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  10. D and E drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140