Windows 10: No default apps,store, edge and other stuff..

Discus and support No default apps,store, edge and other stuff.. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated to windows 10 and there is no apps at all, no store, even no edge i dont know what to do... HELP 49612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EPi, May 7, 2016.

1. EPI
    EPi Win User

No default apps,store, edge and other stuff..

I just updated to windows 10 and there is no apps at all, no store, even no edge i dont know what to do... HELP

:)

2. Microsoft Edge keeps wanting to open my PDFs

Are you using,

Settings > Apps > Choose default apps by file types > scroll to .pdf > default is Edge, click on Edge to choose from Edge, Acrobat or store for new app?

Davy-Delliott, May 7, 2016
  3. jlclaveau Win User
    Cannot change my default browser,

it is lock on Edge. The only choice I see when I click on it is Edge and Microsoft Store. I have Internet Explorer installee, FireFox and Google Chrome. No where can I see those program in the Default Apps. If I open FireFox with a Shorcut, I go in Option
    and I select Make Firefox my default app, It open the default page app the Microsoft and with Edge as my default browser and I cannot change it as there is no other program listed.

[Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10]

jlclaveau, May 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, it's possible you had a conflicting program installed when you upgraded.
    Normally if someone has a major problem having had Win 10 working, an in-place upgrade repair install is a fall-back solution.

You could try running
    chkdsk C: /F
    (your PC will restart to do this)
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

and then
    sfc /scannow
    from an admin command prompt
    (Press Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin) )

and advise the result (in the CBS.LOG file).
    If the only failures reported are opencl.dll or some audio files, you can ignore those.

Please complete your system specs and advise what OS you upgraded from.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. No default apps,store, edge and other stuff.. - Similar Threads - default apps store

2. How Do You Get Other Microsoft Store Stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Get Other Microsoft Store Stuff: Hi, How Do I Get Other Options In The Left Side Of The Microsoft Store In Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-other-microsoft-store-stuff/96e39de4-4028-4bda-8d4b-1710d97a5f35
  3. How Do You Get Other Microsoft Store Stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do You Get Other Microsoft Store Stuff: Hi, How Do I Get Other Options In The Left Side Of The Microsoft Store In Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-other-microsoft-store-stuff/96e39de4-4028-4bda-8d4b-1710d97a5f35
  4. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!: I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly...
  5. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!: I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly...
  6. Microsoft Edge - 2 Edge on Default Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - 2 Edge on Default Apps: Hello everyone, this is my first post here, I've searched the forum for a similar problem but I haven't found anything, So ... Today I have formatted my computer, while downloading and installing Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) to update the old Microsoft Edge, I have noticed...
  7. Microsoft Store and other microsoft stuffs went missing! Help??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other microsoft stuffs went missing! Help??: Hello, so to keep things short. 2 days ago I noticed my Microsoft Store, Groove, Photos, and some others is missing. I really have no clue why this happened. I tried many things to bring it back I've tried the WSRESET.exe , it didnt work. Windows App Troubleshooter also...
  8. store and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    store and other apps: hi... from yesterday i cant access microsoft store and other apps such as tips ... it shows no internet.. but i can use browsers without any problems.. why this happends? is it for my settings? or the connection???...
  9. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...
  10. Gettting rid of Edge (and other unwanted defaults)

Gettting rid of Edge (and other unwanted defaults): I want defaults: browser - Firefox, PDF - Adobe. Both open with Edge by default. Set the default apps - Win 10 reverted to Edge a week later. Repeated several times with the same result. Same "forceful" return to MS defaults for videos (I have VLC), pictures (I have Office...