Windows 10: no default or ui configuration directive found

Discus and support no default or ui configuration directive found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 installed on my pc but I wanted to install linux beside it.. Unfortunately I had a lot of troubles doing so.. And the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marco_SAH, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Marco_SAH Win User

no default or ui configuration directive found

Hello,

I have windows 10 installed on my pc but I wanted to install linux beside it.. Unfortunately I had a lot of troubles doing so.. And the message above always appears when I try to start up my pc.. And then I'm having "boot:" I tried to solve that with many different ways but it didn't work.. It seems that some files were deleted by mistake from my rootable usb.. I wonder if just can boot windows normally somehow? Please help.

Thanks.

:)

Marco_SAH, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Mar 15, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done no default or ui configuration directive found :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 15, 2019
  4. no default or ui configuration directive found

Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

no default or ui configuration directive found

1. no default or ui configuration directive found - Similar Threads - default configuration directive

2. Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default: Hi. I am working in hot desk environment where each desk has a docking station with an external monitor. When I sit at a desk that I've never sat before the external monitor is automatically added to my desktop as the right screen (Screen 1 Screen 2 configuration). However...
  3. TWIN UI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TWIN UI: WHY DO I HAVE IT, WHY CANT IT FIND IT WHY DOES EVERYTHING GO THERE? WHEN I LOOK IT UP IT ONLY TALKS ABOUT MAPS AND PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS SAVING TO THERE AND I CANT FIND IT AT ALL PLEASE HELP NOW...
  4. UI bug report

in Windows 10 Customization
    UI bug report: My windows runs at resolution of 1920 x 1080 with "text, apps and other items" at 125% and orientation as landscape. After running any fullscreen application in other resolutions (tested with 1366x768 and 1280x960) than the native the small view that shows hidden apps does...
  5. Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting: Recently I have been losing wifi connection every 10-15 minutes seemingly caused by nothing at all, I will either be playing an online game or streaming or even not doing anything and I will lose connection. I have tried updating my Network adaptor drivers, I have made sure...
  6. Missaligned UI in programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missaligned UI in programs: I've been trying for the past 3 days to figure out how to fix this bug, I've reinstalled GPU drivers, adjusted the screen DPI and more. How can I actually fix this. (picture included is showing where my mouse is on the bottom, and where it shows I'm clicking on top)...
  7. Direct x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct x: I'm unable to play GTA amongest other games and keep getting errors on XINPUT-3dll and XINPUT-7dll ... transfered 3dll from another laptop but got another error . It's really annoying because I can't play my games...
  8. UI error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI error: Hi all need your help please. I downloded a game and installed it. When i tried opening ,i recieved an error :" UI not found. Please check that you have the proper UI resourse files". What does it meen, and how can i fix it? Thanks. 72513
  9. Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa: Hi Users have been migrated to Windows 10 and are now Azure AD joined (a local domain/DC no longer exists) Users now directly connect to the office OKI MFD printer in Windows 10. The printer is detected and installs successfully (as shown). The printer now...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Upgrade change Excel default configuration: I upgraded my Windows 10 on 23-9-16. now when I open Excel 2010 the default display is changed. When Excel was opened previously the 'Home' tab was expanded and the various groups are visible. Similarly when any other tab is clicked the groups are automatically exposed. Now...