Windows 10: No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice.

Discus and support No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried everything over the internet. I can't open up most of the files on my pc, I have tried all this PowerShell Tips 'n tricks but has lead me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zuhxes, Jun 18, 2021.

1. zuhxes Win User

No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice.

I've tried everything over the internet. I can't open up most of the files on my pc, I have tried all this PowerShell Tips 'n tricks but has lead me to nowhere. I can't even connect to a network that has a password, Everything was working before fine but SSD was full of junk and stuff and i decided to reset it while having some important files on a USB stick and after the restart i don't have any of the basic windows stuff including Window's store which i cant even manually download everything back. After me trying to fix i decided to make a reset again and still nothing is back or even close.

:)

zuhxes, Jun 18, 2021

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice. ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 18, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 18, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Default apps being reset by Windows

My news item's been moved although this is likely to be recurring and important issue, so I won't bother posting there again.

See this, referring to KB3135173,
    Windows 10 Forced Update Resets Default Apps To Microsoft Products - Slashdot

Updategate: Microsoft 'aware' of problem causing app defaults to reset- The Inquirer

- from which came the suggested registry modification.
    Fix for "An App Default was Reset" Windows 10 Resetting File Associations (Registry Fixes) - The Winhelponline Blog

However, it would be better (I think) to uninstall the update, and hide it (see the Tutorial section) as in the article quoted by Seoras (above)

dalchina, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. No Default Windows apps after i have reset the PC twice. - Similar Threads - Default apps reset

2. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  3. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  4. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  6. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  7. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. An app default was reset

An app default was reset: A few days ago this message appeared in my notification. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .raw so it was reset to Photos Now start up and sign in are sometime slow/sluggish and sometimes before sign in i get a momentary...
  9. "An App Default was Reset"

"An App Default was Reset": I would like to prevent Win10 from resetting my default apps for a given file extension. Either the chance to approve any changes to my default apps, such as we had in previous Windows versions, or to find the app reset "feature" and break it beyond repair disable it...
  10. App defaults resetting

App defaults resetting: How can I lock my defaults and prohibit Windows 10 from resetting them? Why isn't there a simple checkbox to lock defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-defaults-resetting/77707996-8b34-444a-9c68-678d2dfebe69