Windows 10: No delete option in settings for mail accounts

Discus and support No delete option in settings for mail accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I followed the tutorial and in account settings there is no option to delete the mail account. There is sync settings then account settings but below... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mikel, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Mikel Win User

No delete option in settings for mail accounts

I followed the tutorial and in account settings there is no option to delete the mail account. There is sync settings then account settings but below that no delete options. Please explain how to add the delete option or provide support with regard to deleting the account

:)

Mikel, Mar 19, 2016

2. Deleting mail accounts from the Windows 10 App

In a recent update, the delete account function was added. From the mail application, select settings and then click on the account you want to delete. There is now an option to delete the account from the mail application!

Christopher Palabrica, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Ge285 Win User
    I’ve just started using the Mail application by uisng 3 email accounts.on windows 10. One of the accounts however, was set up wrong and I would like to delete it.

Original Title - Delete account on Mail

I’ve just started using the Mail application on windows 10. I’ve set up 3 email accounts. One of the accounts however, was set up wrong and I would like to delete it. But on the account settings for that email account the Delete option does not appear.
    What could be wrong?

Ge285, Mar 19, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

What email program are we talking about ?

If you are asking how to delete an account from the built-in Mail app, here is how................

Open mail > left side, at the bottom, click the Gear icon ( that is the Settings icon ) > right side, click Manage Accounts > click the account you want to delete > see screenshot below..........

No delete option in settings for mail accounts [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    Mikel:

As davidhk pointed out, there is an option to delete your account. However, you must select or click on the account first, before the Delete Account is available.

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No delete option in settings for mail accounts - Similar Threads - delete option settings

2. Deleted Mail Account & folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Mail Account & folders: HiI have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer and set up the Mail account that came with it. Unfortunately the account got accidentally deleted and all the storage folders, and their emails, that I created under more also disappeared. I have reinstalled the account and have...
  3. Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Change settings or Delete Account in Windows Mail: So, I noticed a calendar event was missing from my calendar. I thought I would try turning off the Calendar sync and turn it back to see if that would fix it. First problem: "Change mailbox sync settings" are grey'd and can't do anything there, see below screenshot....
  4. Deleting an e-Mail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an e-Mail account: I have looked at many similar posted questions, but can't seem to follow any of the suggested answers. All I want to do is delete my outlook email account (not Microsoft account), one of the answers says I should log into my Microsoft account and click on settings, but I...
  5. Mail account settings out of date - fixed but deleted all emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail account settings out of date - fixed but deleted all emails: My mail account has asked me to fix my account setting as they are out of date however when I did that it has deleted all my emails. Does nayone know how to recover my emails?...
  6. Can't delete Mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Mail account: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I've been trying to delete an account, but when I click the account, the pop-up for dealing with the account doesn't show up--it just flashes on and off without giving me the chance to work with account. How do I make the pop-up stay...
  7. deleting outlook mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting outlook mail account: how do I permanently delete my outlook mail account using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-outlook-mail-account/06bcc1ab-a169-45db-a243-e582485f25ea
  8. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  9. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  10. wind mail account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    wind mail account settings: I want to succesfully use icloud, a .live.com and an outlook.com email. Please advise. I keep getting an error on synching. 0x85010001. I am using Windows 10 mail, not outlook....