Windows 10: No description on spotlight images

Discus and support No description on spotlight images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinHamilton4, Jun 23, 2019.

1. No description on spotlight images

It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what we're looking at.

I see questions about this dating back to 2016 but it appears not to have been fixed. If this has been fixed, kindly explain how to enable this function.

Many Thanks

Kevin

:)

KevinHamilton4, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight Images - Why No Description Where the Image was Taken? Description of What it Is?

I tried all of the suggestions you provided, to no avail - I don't have any problem seeing the Spotlight Image - my issue has been there's no description as to what the image is, and where it was taken. By example, today I have an image of a forest in
    the snow, but no description as to which forest it is / where the photo was taken - same with all the other Spotlight images - what are the images and where is the location that they were photographed? If Microsoft doesn't provide this information, then consider
    this as a suggestion that they should - to label each image with a description of what it is and where it was taken. Thank you.

Scott C Kennedy, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Incorrect Spotlight Image Description (WIndows 10)

Hi Wayne,

Windows Spotlight automatically sets pictures from the Bing search as your lock screen background.

To answer your query about Windows Spotlight incorrect description, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are your running on your computer?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 23, 2019
  4. No description on spotlight images

Incorrect Spotlight Image Description (WIndows 10)

I am also having this same exact problem. I noticed that the images stopped updating about two weeks ago, and the descriptions are always wrong. What is happening, is that the descriptions change as I click the "Not a fan" text that should change the spotlight
    image on the login screen, but the image never changes, but the description does, so the description is always incorrect. And, it always seems to be stuck on an image from the picture file, usually the ice cave one, or a previous spotlight image, but never
    the new one from the new random spotlight search with a new description.

I'm anxious to see if someone knows a fix or a solution to this problem.

Using Windows 10 Home

Version 1703

OS Build 15603.540

On a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Model U945

RogerHopkinson, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

No description on spotlight images

1. No description on spotlight images - Similar Threads - description spotlight images

2. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?: The wallpaper/spotlight shown on the monitor when Windows is sleeping shows nice pictures of different places. Sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen there is a description of what the picture shows and the question whether you like what you see; other times...
  3. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?: The wallpaper/spotlight shown on the monitor when Windows is sleeping shows nice pictures of different places. Sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen there is a description of what the picture shows and the question whether you like what you see; other times...
  4. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  6. Windows Spotlight images

Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  7. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  8. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder: Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder. My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images...
  9. Spotlight choice of images

Spotlight choice of images: Can Microsoft choose some images of cities for Spotlight? Some skylines, interesting architecture, public art ... those would be a nice balance to all of the beautiful nature photos that are already chosen....
  10. Wrong spotlight picture description

Wrong spotlight picture description: Hi I notice your location for the pic attached is wrong, the description say it is Taiwan but in fact it is New Zealand Please fix it. Thanks Google image search report that this is actually in New Zealand...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight image descriptions

2. windows spotlight no description

3. no description of windows spotlight pictures

4. window spotlight no description